Dear AT&T Yahoo! Customer:

We noticed that you are accessing email using non-secure settings in your email software.

We would like to ensure that your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID, password, and email messages are transmitted securely between your mail software (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) and the AT&T Yahoo! Mail servers. In order to meet this need, please enable SSL via the instructions that are available on the Help site.

Since multiple email notifications have already been sent out about this, we request that you please make the necessary changes immediately. Remember, you need to make these changes if you want to continue to send/receive email using a mail client.

Thank you for your cooperation,

AT&T Yahoo! Customer Support

What do I need to do?????
    10-01-08 08:11 PM
    Hmm I would call your carrier and email provider to see if this ligit.
    10-01-08 08:15 PM
    btw this is for my sbcglobal.net email address
    10-01-08 08:24 PM
    I got this same email tonight...Is it phishing?
    11-09-08 06:36 AM
    Doesn't sound legit to me, sounds more like a phishing e-mail...
    11-09-08 06:46 AM
    My wife is using an sbcglobal.net and did not have any problems setting it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 08:03 AM
    Op, considering you dont belong to AT&T, I woulnd worry about it.
    11-09-08 09:02 AM
    The email account I got this message with was an at&t owned @sbcglobal.net email address. I got the message in my inbox when I set up that account on my Sprint Curve.

I dont believe it is a phishing email. I think it may have something to do with the security settings that the BB uses to go out and get the sbcglobal.net email...... maybe?
    11-09-08 09:34 AM
    This is NOT a phishing e-mail.

You MUST logon on your computer, goto my.att.com, account setting and ADD the blackberry e-mail address to the AT&T (yahoo) system.

This is the only way you'll be able to SEND from your blackberry e-mail account via Outlook from your desktop/laptop computer.

Also, ensure that all your security settting on outlook (secure socket) are correct in accordance with the FAQ on my.att.com's website.

I had this same issue when AT&T changed their settings for Outlook and you had to register your "other" e-mail addresses.

I havea AT&T Uverse, I think that's when it started. The @sbcglobal.net is an AT&T owned address and you can only get one of those addrsses is if you had AT&T Dialup, DSL, or Fiber Optics.
    11-09-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD