I now have a nice gouge in my screen. I suppose I can live with it for now, as in good lighting it is not too distracting. I'm pretty OCD, though, and it bugs me. Anyone ever have to replace a screen on a BlackBerry before? Should I call AT&T, or RIM? Or am I just completely screwed?
    07-05-07 10:44 AM
    07-05-07 11:38 AM
    At least misery (and OCD) has company. I scratched my screen last night, and now I'm extremely annoyed. I should have gotten a case, but I obviously need one that has screen protection.

This is the reason I've always had flip phones, but the Pearl lured me away... I love it, but I'm afraid I'm too hard on it. I'd also like to know about replacing screens and other options....I suppose I deserve to be mocked and or pitied as well.

Thanks!
    07-05-07 11:39 AM
    That's great! Thanks! I wasn't sure if the Curve had a user-replaceable faceplate or not. Any tips for opening the case? Do I need any special tools or torx bits?
    07-05-07 12:05 PM
    T6 migh be a start. I have taken many BBs apart but never a Curve. Take it easy...
    07-05-07 01:59 PM
    Try looking at this post on BGR

BlackBerry Curve goes Humpty Dumpty : The Boy Genius Report
    07-05-07 02:45 PM
    Just sympathizing all - so sorry to hear. I hope one of these fixes will work for you. It would bug me too and it's a worry I have as I sometimes use the OEM skin as a cover in my purse when I don't need a clip. I'm always concerned about the direction I put it in my purse and try to make sure it's not up against anything that might scratch it however, I think without a cover over the screen it's just a matter of time. I don't like plastic screen protectors of any kind but definitely need a case to protect the device.
    Last edited by MMB916; 07-05-07 at 03:26 PM. Reason: word correction
    07-05-07 03:26 PM
    Unfortunately that pictorial doesn't show me the back of the top cover, or have any narrative on the disassembly process. I ordered a T6 anyway, just to be safe, as I could see those inside the back cover. Thanks, all, I'll let you know how it goes.
    07-05-07 03:29 PM
    Might want to try getting scratch remover. I used some on my old 8700 before I sold it and the screen came back to perfect.
    I got some from a ipod scratch remover site. It was $15, but I figured it was worth it...
    Hmmm pity I already ordered my faceplate! Is the scratch remover for glass or plastic? The Curve has a plastic lens over the LCD.

MMB916: I know what you mean. I have the OEM rubber skin and the OEM leather holster. Love them both, and they work well together. I even (!) dropped my Curve the other day, getting out of my car. It landed right on the corner, from about 4 feet up, and the rubber skin shrugged it right off. I think I may have dragged it out of the holster against a buckle on my shorts or something.
    07-05-07 03:33 PM
    OK - agreed...too bad you already ordered your faceplate but you are on your way to a quick repair what a relief!

Hmmm pity I already ordered my faceplate! Is the scratch remover for glass or plastic? The Curve has a plastic lens over the LCD.

MMB916: I know what you mean. I have the OEM rubber skin and the OEM leather holster. Love them both, and they work well together. I even (!) dropped my Curve the other day, getting out of my car. It landed right on the corner, from about 4 feet up, and the rubber skin shrugged it right off. I think I may have dragged it out of the holster against a buckle on my shorts or something.
    07-05-07 09:30 PM
    what is funny about that topic is the people that are asking about the phone going to Verizon and the topic is how to disassemble your Curve...too funny...
    No one has asked about that in this thread. They did in the comments section on the BGR link, but that was not what was important with that link. The disassembly photos were the point.
    07-05-07 10:08 PM
    Newbie here. I ordered a new faceplate as recommended above, but have NO idea how to install it. Do I unscrew from the back by the battery first? Help.
    07-21-07 10:11 AM
    I would like to know how to disassemble my curve, trying to clean out the dust without hurting the phone.
    08-07-07 03:20 PM
    I think this thread has strayed off topic. Closed.
    08-07-07 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD