Only do it if you are comfortable. There are excellant instructions on how to do it along with very helpful users and moderators to help out if things go wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 07:08 AM
    No offense to the OP, but I'm really sick of seeing a new thread every time someone is even *thinking* about upgrading. It's not an epic event.

In fact, it's incredibly easy if you just follow the instructions, and it's actually harder to mess it up. It's not like a PSP where you have a high chance of bricking, it's pretty straightforward.

Just read the instructions a couple times before starting then follow them exactly, good luck.
    I disagree with you, for some, myself included, who def are not what you call *tech savvy* it WAS pretty epic for me, the only technological thing I own, is my BB and my laptop, I dont or didnt know the first thing bout it, even though I read and read thru it.. it was nervewracking to me, considering the expensive phone I have.. Ive pretty much learned everything from here about my BB and self-taught..what may not seem like a big deal to you is to someone else, alot of people dont realise they can recover and go into panic mode if something goes wrong, imagine the feeling of that, like buying a car, getting into a wreck, sure insurance will help you fix it, but its still not a good feeling to be in that wreck.
    11-02-08 08:51 AM
    There's nothing to be afraid of as long as you backup everything then you'll be fine

11-02-08 09:28 AM
    Rachel is correct, we have spent many hours helping people recover their berries after things have gone wrong. Do a search and you'll find the threads. Always advise caution. It is most important to keep a level head, but things can go wrong even when following instructions. For some, these devices are their sole source of communication and are very important to them. I've noticed many of them cannot afford to pay $500 if they ruin their phones. It is irresponsible for any of us to advise anything other than caution.

Last edited by exelant; 11-02-08 at 11:34 AM.
    11-02-08 09:29 AM
    I'm putting my 2 cents in here too. If I had NOT had one of the GREAT GUYS on here holding my hand, I would have a bricked Curve right now.

"He that shall remain nameless" was the absolute best! He walked me thru it while in a college class!

This is NOT for the computer illerate!! It may be a simple process for most people, but, for those like me it would have been a disaster.

Please do as some of the others have suggested and find someone who's been there and done that if you're uncomfortable with tech stuff!

I LOVE my upgraded Curve!!
    11-02-08 11:01 AM
    geez cwake its not a big deal dont click on the thread and dont read. im not an ***** elect eng and something went wrong with my upgrade glad ther wer those that were willing to help me get it back runnin
    11-02-08 12:04 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD