So I've had my Curve 8330 for about a year now, and im still running the original 4.3 OS. I really need to find an OTA so i can upgrade the software. My phone is running slower then it used to. I am looking also for some new themes, some good ones that are free. i really like the precision theme that sprint has for the tour. ive already checked this site for some free themes, and none of them really catch my eye. I feel as if im losing interest in my phone, and i really want to spice things up!

help me CB!
    10-28-09 04:07 PM
    If you use the Roam Only option in 4.3, that is not available in 4.5 or the leaked 5.0 OS builds.

Sprint has released an upgrade to 4.5.0.175 that is available as an OTA upgrade, but you might not be able to access it on your handset running 4.3

There are many good (free) precision themes available to you if you upgrade to 4.5
    10-28-09 04:11 PM
    Check with Sprint and have them give you a link to an OTA, or you could always try a OS from here.
    10-28-09 04:18 PM
    I'm just thinking� that you have to be on 4.5 or higher to get OTA upgrades. I believe that 4.3 can only be upgraded with a desktop connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 04:51 PM
    I'm just thinking� that you have to be on 4.5 or higher to get OTA upgrades. I believe that 4.3 can only be upgraded with a desktop connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.

I believe you are correct. Another option is to use the update link from Blackberry.com, but you still need to have a PC with a broadband connection:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
    10-28-09 04:56 PM
    You will have to upgrade your Curve by computer first. If you do not have oine to do this, Sprint can upgrade the device for you, if you take the device to a store with a service center.

The Wireless Update was not available in OS 4.3, so the first upgrade by USB.

10-28-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD