CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    PIN
    30f61eba -BBM ME
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation I need to update my BB OS PLEASE HELP

okay heres the situation:

i have the 8330,, on verizon network,,, i just barely got my phone a month ago and now my red indicator light keeps flashing, even after i have read and check all notifications, i read that i might need to update my OS i am running 4.5 now,, MY QUESTION IS CAN I DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE WITH AN OTA DOWNLOAD? PLEASE HELP,, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT...

Edward
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

Why OTA? Mac user?

You can always take your BB back to Verizon. They'll probably give you a new phone.

Remember to back up your BB, including 3rd party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Before you start trying to update you OS, why don't you try and find out what's actually wrong with the phone? And you say you have 4.5 on it right now. Are you hoping to update it to 4.6?

As xl has suggested, since the phone is still so new, it might be best for you to take it back to verizon for them to have a look at. As has been said, they'll probably give you a new one.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

The red light indicator is telling you something is waiting for you. this isn't really a call to upgrade you OS. The first order of business would be to find what is giving the indicator... PIN message, web message, voicemail, etc. Have you done a battery pull?
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.