Okay, so I am so lost. Hopefully one of you all can help. I have a Curve and my husband has the Pearl. When i hook his phone up to my computer, no problems at all and when I transfer songs or ringtones I have no issues. When I attach my phone to the computer, it syncs and everything. When I click on HELP and click device properties I get this message
    A communication error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to the device. Please reconnect the device to initiate a new connection.

It doesn't matter how many times I plug and unplug, I get that message. Then, when I click on Media Manager, it tells me
    THERE IS NO DEVICE CONNECTED. PLEASE CONNECT YOUR DEVICE IN ORDER TO VIEW ALL OF ITS CONTENTS

And lastly, if I click on application loader, it tells me
    THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE DOES NOT HAVE BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE FOR THE DEVICE THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER OR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.

Please please please before i break crazy on the computer AND the phone, someone tell me how to fix this.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Jenn
    11-02-08 03:10 PM
    So you can use his device with media manager but not your own?
    11-02-08 03:14 PM
    Yep, that's right. I get none of the same error messages at all with his device and everything is recognized.

THANKS!

Jenn
    11-02-08 04:06 PM
    When you plug in your device does it recognize that a different PIN has been connected?
    11-02-08 04:09 PM
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted and everything else you can imagine.
    11-02-08 04:14 PM
    The below advice is from Reed, if the peoblem isn't the drivers, it is likely there is a problem with your Pearl's usb port. Make sure you're not using a usb hub, either. If it is your device's usb port, that should be covered under warranty.

The most likley reason it does not connect, your USB drivers have become corrupted. It is simple to correct.Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall. Select the BlackBerry Desktop Software and use the Repair Option.You can also reinstall the DTM from your original download, either will restore the correct USB drivers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 04:16 PM
    I meant your curve,

11-02-08 04:22 PM
    I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if you can drag and drop media files on your curve? When you plug it in, click enable mass storage mode, then find the BlackBerry's drive in windows explorer, you should be able to drag and drop files onto it if you have a good usb connection -- that would narrow the problem to DM and the drivers.

11-02-08 04:26 PM
    I've been away from the forums for a while, but it sounds like you need to download the OS that is on your Curve, and install it to your PC. Check the OS you have, then go here -
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

And find that OS for the 8310 and download it. Then install it to the PC, and try the Desktop Manager again.
    11-02-08 04:45 PM
    I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if you can drag and drop media files on your curve? When you plug it in, click enable mass storage mode, then find the BlackBerry's drive in windows explorer, you should be able to drag and drop files onto it if you have a good usb connection -- that would narrow the problem to DM and the drivers.

I can drop and drag files. That's how I have managed to get some music and videos on my phone. So, that works. Now what should I do? How do I find out what OS I am running so I can install drivers? Also, if my USB port weren't working, I wouldn't be able to sync or anything else, right?

What is going on....I want to fix it!!

Thanks for all of everyones help!

Jenn
    11-02-08 08:26 PM
    When you plug in your device does it recognize that a different PIN has been connected?
    It shows my pin number when I connect and my husbands when he does.

Jenn
    11-02-08 08:27 PM
    The below advice is from Reed, if the peoblem isn't the drivers, it is likely there is a problem with your Pearl's usb port. Make sure you're not using a usb hub, either. If it is your device's usb port, that should be covered under warranty.

The most likley reason it does not connect, your USB drivers have become corrupted. It is simple to correct.Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall. Select the BlackBerry Desktop Software and use the Repair Option.You can also reinstall the DTM from your original download, either will restore the correct USB drivers

Okay, I have reinstalled the software and everything. I tried the repair mode first and then I did the whole uninstall and reinstall thing. What else can I do?

Thanks,
    Jenn
    11-02-08 08:29 PM
    have any other ideas???

Thanks,
    Jenn
    11-03-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD