hi im new to this owning a black berry thing...

i bought a tmobile bb
    but i use att.
    i took the phone to att to get internet on it n they told me doesnt work.

soooo... i asked a friend n he told me to dl a new OS.
    and follow these instructions: forums.crackberry.com/f3/proper-upgrade-downgrade-procedure-53359

i followed them.. down to the wipe my bb.

i wiped it n now theres nothing but a white screen with a little box.
    after that i opened my DM and put to install the new OS i had downloaded..
    something happens to my phone in the process..

it says connecting to ROM and nothing happens, the screen on my phone turns completely blank and the computer pops up with fatal error please try again. i tryed about 3 times n its the same thing every time.

can someone please help me..
    & if u can explain it like your explaining to a 3 yr old cauz im a little slow...

HELP ME PLEASE !!
    04-18-09 06:08 PM
    First off, the BB needed to be unlocked to be able to be used on AT&T, before you attempted to reload an OS to it.

Which OS are you trying to load to the T-Mo BB?
    04-18-09 06:20 PM
    i did unlock it. it was working perfectly with my att sim, minus the internet.. wen i took it to the att place they told me it couldnt be done...

they told me to download the newest os.

8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124 _Indosat

thats the one i downloaded.

every time i try to upload the new on the DM it works until the says connecting to boot the COM. then my screen goes all white n it disconnects from my computer.. n i have to take out the battery for it work again.. to just have a white screen with a little box.
    04-18-09 06:30 PM
    Which version of DM are you using, 4.7?

If you are using DM 4.7, I would remove it from your PC with Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs then download/install DM 4.6

Try reinstalling the OS with DM 4.6 instead.
    04-18-09 06:47 PM
    i did unlock it. it was working perfectly with my att sim, minus the internet.. wen i took it to the att place they told me it couldnt be done...

they told me to download the newest os.

8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124 _Indosat

thats the one i downloaded.

every time i try to upload the new on the DM it works until the says connecting to boot the COM. then my screen goes all white n it disconnects from my computer.. n i have to take out the battery for it work again.. to just have a white screen with a little box.
    Actually, the process of loading an OS onto your blackberry involves the white screen with the little box, and a disconnect from your computer for a while. It is essential that you "walk away" and leave it in this process until it is completely done loading the new OS. I suspect you interrupted the normal process, and that is the trouble you are having.
    04-18-09 07:05 PM
    Actually, the process of loading an OS onto your blackberry involves the white screen with the little box, and a disconnect from your computer for a while. It is essential that you "walk away" and leave it in this process until it is completely done loading the new OS. I suspect you interrupted the normal process, and that is the trouble you are having.
    Everything is normal except for the fatal error part. The OP mentioned it.
    04-18-09 07:10 PM
    yeh it completly disconnects n says error try again. but yeh im going to try to get the other DM now ill see what happens.
    04-18-09 07:26 PM
    Everything is normal except for the fatal error part. The OP mentioned it.
    Hah! Good point... (tail between legs...)
    04-18-09 07:27 PM
    it still doesnt work. i downloaded the other dm.
    and im trying to do it like this.. /forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry-32322/

& every time my phone says trying to connect to the USB:-PIN:??? w.e my phone screen goes completely white. no little box. and i get this message:

"A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

wen that happens i have to take out the battery for it come back on to the white screen with the little box.

do i have upload like the 1st os n then just upgrade? i really have no idea what else i can do..
    04-20-09 01:57 AM
    well once the program ask which device.. it says connecting to device usb pin 48374 and then it has a blanks screen n it turns in the program to saying COM. if thats wat u mean
    04-20-09 02:07 AM
    it says connecting to device but wen i click to connect to the device pin 245875 it makes a noise on my computer like the usb is no longer connected to my computer.. and its not the device drop down menu anymore.
    04-20-09 02:13 AM
    then like 30 secs late i get the error message i just posted.
    04-20-09 02:14 AM
    i guess pretty much wen the loader says searching for device the phone shuts off or something it get disconnected on its own from the computer.
    04-20-09 02:16 AM
    i tryed that also with the battery out and it didnt work.
    04-20-09 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD