I just bought the BB curve 8330 and have had it about 2 weeks. But as I sit hear and whrite this inthe dark with no keyboard backlight I have a problem. When I bought this phone I had no problems with the keys lighting up and now they don't. Anything a coild do to fix it and make them light up expecially in th dark?
    08-04-08 01:36 AM
    You could check your settings at options-keyboard/screen scroll down to backlight timer. I don't know if changing that setting will help. Sounds like a hardware issue because the backlight should come on automatically. Have you tried a reset? That's push the alt-right shift-delete keys. If that doesn't reset it, you could try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 01:43 AM
    If all else fails...

* backup your device
    * wipe it (Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Menu Key --> Wipe Handheld
    * restore
    08-04-08 01:47 AM
    Issues resolved yet?
    08-04-08 01:51 AM
    I tried a batt. Pull and it lite up the keys whn It rebooted but once it got to the home screen they went off and the should ne one because I'm in the dark, am I blocking the sensor or smething?
    08-04-08 02:06 AM
    It does sound like there's a problem with the sensor. You've only had it two weeks, they should replace it. It's too new to not work like that. Unless someone else has any experience with a problem like this, I'd take it back in the morning.

08-04-08 02:19 AM
    O and I do have low batt. Coul that be it?
    08-04-08 02:20 AM
    Try plugging it in.

08-04-08 02:23 AM
    It has been but I blew into the little hole in the bottom of my BB and turnd it off thn on and now the keys are fine. But thanks for ur help.
    08-04-08 02:30 AM
    No problem. Sounds like a piece of dust or something! , yea, it works.

08-04-08 02:40 AM
    i had the same issue the other day... i was laying in bed browsing the web while wifey was sleeping and my keyboard lights went away and wouldn't come back on.. well i just powered it down and went to sleep.. when i got back up and turned it on they where working just fine, and haven't had a issue since.. but was kinda odd /shrug.. where exactly is the light sensor at?
    08-04-08 05:46 AM
    The ambiant light sensor is in the LED assembly.

The lens works both ways.

Cover the sensor for 5 seconds to activate the screen and keyboard backlight.

The setting that control backlighting are at: Options / Screen/Keyboard. Check to make sure it is enabled.
    08-04-08 10:01 AM
    Where exactly is the sensor?
    08-04-08 10:10 AM
    Where exactly is the sensor?
    As Stoner stated above ^^

It is in the LED
    08-04-08 10:11 AM
    The sensor is part of the LED array at the bottom of the LED lens.

Light passes both ways through a lens, coloured light comes out and ambient light goes in.
    08-04-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD