okay i have a blackberry curve 8330 and i need to turn it into a prepaid phone some how. i realy need help and i was told this was the best place to go to.

thanx and send me everything you got
    04-05-10 02:34 AM
    Well, since your network says Verizon I'm going to assume you have a Verizon 8330. That phone doesn't have a SIM card slot in it, so it's not going to work. Your best option would be to sell it, and find a different phone that has a SIM card slot in it. That way you can get any SIM and put it in there. You could also get a phone/SIM combo to get you on a prepaid plan.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but your current phone isn't going to work on a prepaid account.
    04-05-10 02:54 AM
    Yes, that's correct as far as I know...VZW doesn't use sims, atleast none of the phones I've had were (only ever been on VZW) including the 8330 I have...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 03:11 AM
    there are people out there than will flash your verizon 8330 into a Metro version and allow you to use it on their network. arent they still offering pre and post paid? i dont know where you are located, so i dont even know if they have Metro where you are.

like said above, your best bet is getting an unlocked GSM phone and then getting a prepaid SIM card from at&t or t-mobile.
    04-05-10 03:18 AM
    Agreed. Unfortunately your phone can't be unlocked for use on another network unless you flash it to Metro, Boost or Cricket
    04-05-10 09:11 AM
    is there a way to erase the entire system and make it to work foor verizon for free? and whaty is 'flashing'.
    04-05-10 06:42 PM
    Are you asking how to use a phone for free? I'm really confused???? Is that even a logical question?

Flashing is changing the firmware of a phone, it's done for a couple of reasons. Use google to learn more.
    04-05-10 06:49 PM
    flashing the phone to another service provider basicly mean you could flash a cdma phone like sprint or verizon to another network like metro pcs or cricket so you could have prepaid on that 8330 you just have to get it flashed first search craigslist for "flash blackberry", or search for a program called qpst it will flash your phone, if you care. and you cannot use it on boost mobile they will not allow a flashed bb on their network, although i must say boost is the most reliable prepaid network since they use nextel towers and sprint towers for their cdma phones like the 8330, so they are nationwide not like metro or cricket.
    04-05-10 07:17 PM
    And Verizon will not allow you to activate a BlackBerry on pre-paid.
    04-05-10 07:30 PM
    Some VZW phones have a SIM card....my back-up phone has one (Storm)
    04-05-10 07:36 PM
    Yes. But the SIM card does not work on Verizon. It only works on GSM networks and only on the band frequencies supported by the device radio.

And the 8330 is a CDMA only device. It has no SIM card.
    04-05-10 08:03 PM
    okay i need info and websites to get the flash program to flash my blackberry 8330 because i cant find anything at all.
    04-05-10 10:45 PM
    Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The world's most resilient BitTorrent site search for QPST becarefull to click the right links. if i were you i would also seach youtube for the tutorial on flashing cdma phones. it is a bit tricky. but i managed to get my old 8330 on metropcs and sell it for $155 on craigslist.
    04-05-10 10:56 PM
    okay i need info and websites to get the flash program to flash my blackberry 8330 because i cant find anything at all.
    If you don't know what you are doing, your best best would be to contact MetroPCS or Cricket and have them do it for you.
    04-06-10 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD