Thank you for creating this community. I am new to Blackberry, having just
    purchased a Curve 8330 through Alltel. I also purchase VibAndRing 1.0,
    but now I do not know how to install it on my phone. Please speak to me like I am a five year-old (not an BB-savvy 35 year-old), and tell me how to get the
    actual software on to the phone, up and running. I have sent it to my phone by SMS and email, but now I do not know how to go any further with the installation. When I open the text or the email, all I see is a web address, and I do not know what commands to use from there. Please help, and hank you very much in advance.
    07-31-08 10:15 PM
    Use desktop mangaer...u can install it when u connet the phone to the computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 10:44 PM
    Scroll your cursor(pointer) onto the link, that should highlight the link. Click on it using the scroll ball. From there it will open up a screen that says do you want to install, click yes. Depending on what your security settings are at, it might ask this program is attempting to connect ect etc. click yes, and it should load from there. After the installation it may ask you do you want to run or "OK". your choice from there. Then look for the icon in your menu screen and select it. might be some more permission prompts, just click yes and that should be it.
    07-31-08 10:46 PM
    We,, SumthinNew, I scroll the pointer down on to the 'http' portion of the web address, but it is never highlighted. The cursor just sits on the 'h', and the menu available when I click on the scroll ball only includes 'Reply' and other such normal instructions. I guess I need even more remedial help.
    07-31-08 11:00 PM
    I click on the scroll ball only includes 'Reply' and other such normal instructions. I guess I need even more remedial help.
    There should also be a Get Link.
    07-31-08 11:07 PM
    Heres a question for you - I work on the great lakes and as such am back and forth from canadian waters to american waters. My provider is Rogers in Canada. How can I set my BB curve 8310 to never roam on american towers?? I have tried the 'manage connections' and changing the selection mode to "manual" but when there is nothing canadian available it will still switch to american. Is there any way of stopping this?? Even my crappy motorola flip had a "home only" setting, what up with that?
    07-31-08 11:19 PM
    I have tried everything, and I can never get a menu screen to come up that says 'Get Link.' I can only get the normal 'Help, Reply, Delete' menu. The link has been sent to SMS messages and my email address, both. I am stuck.
    07-31-08 11:27 PM
    Mapat, you're going about it the wrong way. You can't upload from the curve itself, you must use a desktop computer to upload the link and then connect the BB to the desktop.
    08-01-08 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD