I was looking to try to find out a quicker way to actually send my txt msgs. I know this is a very minimal complaint, but i was figuring after i composed a txt msg that the enter key would send it at the push of a button. But it actually is like pressing the enter key, which i find pointless for txt msging. So is there a faster way (perhaps a keyboard shortcut) to send txt msgs besides moving to my trackball, clicking once and then clicked send? I was just curious
    06-01-08 02:22 PM
    Can't you just click the trackball twice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 02:26 PM
    Like i said, im kinda knitpicking. But was looking for something located on the keyboard to send it. I guess they set it up this was as a preventative method to avoid accidental sends
    06-01-08 02:28 PM
    Nice man, this is exactly the type of thing i was looking for. Thanks alot!
    06-01-08 02:51 PM
    Maybe...I don't know, but the trackball is right there!!! Lol

06-01-08 02:51 PM
    Lol. Yes it is. You can always press r to reply.
    06-01-08 02:53 PM
    Like i said, im kinda knitpicking. But was looking for something located on the keyboard to send it. I guess they set it up this was as a preventative method to avoid accidental sends
    Not only that but people type documents on their bb device, so enter will start a new paragraph as opposed to sending the message. Dont worry contact Rim and Im pretty sure they will take that in to consideration in Neveruary! LOL
    06-01-08 03:00 PM
    Yeah, i knew about pressing R to reply. Which is very helpful, but the main reason for me not wanting to use the trackball is to prevent wear and tear on it. I txt ALOT, i know im a nerd but i take these things into consideration
    06-01-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah, i knew about pressing R to reply. Which is very helpful, but the main reason for me not wanting to use the trackball is to prevent wear and tear on it. I txt ALOT, i know im a nerd but i take these things into consideration
    I definatley understand what your saying, but thats also like saying is there a different way I can walk because I dont want the bottom of my shoes to get worn. You can replace the trackball if it gets worn. Would u like the link?
    06-01-08 03:10 PM
    On the instant messengers enter should send your message no?
    06-01-08 03:11 PM
    Not only that but people type documents on their bb device, so enter will start a new paragraph as opposed to sending the message. Dont worry contact Rim and Im pretty sure they will take that in to consideration in Neveruary! LOL
    I don't know, but how much "document" you can type with a 160 char limit (not always the case, but sms does still mean SHORT message service). There's still no reason we shouldn't have an easier way to send. Alt-Enter or Shift-Enter would be nice.
    06-01-08 03:13 PM
    On the instant messengers enter should send your message no?
    It does on BBM and every other one I believe.
    06-01-08 03:13 PM
    I don't know, but how much "document" you can type with a 160 char limit (not always the case, but sms does still mean SHORT message service). There's still no reason we shouldn't have an easier way to send. Alt-Enter or Shift-Enter would be nice.
    But thats just a text what if your typing a huge email. If they changed it for just text then we would have something else to complain about. But I agree with alt enter
    06-01-08 03:15 PM
    How the heck is pressing the menu key then pressing the trackball to send faster than hitting the trackball twice??

06-01-08 03:17 PM
    How the heck is pressing the menu key then pressing the trackball to send faster than hitting the trackball twice??

No clue but people are intitled to their opinion.
    06-01-08 03:21 PM
    If you text a lot, its the keyboard keys you have to worry about

A replacement trackball could be bought around 10 shipped so its not really expensive to replace. It takes time though coz suppliers are usually in Asia.

06-01-08 03:41 PM
    But thats just a text what if your typing a huge email. If they changed it for just text then we would have something else to complain about. But I agree with alt enter
    i didn't think about email, but I agree changing it for one and not the other wouldn't make sense.

Edit. There are times I hit the track ball and accidentally scroll it when trying to hit it twice in succession. This is my reason for not wanting to use it while on a txting spree.
    Last edited by SilverSurfR; 06-01-08 at 03:44 PM.
    06-01-08 03:42 PM
    LOL this has turned into a debate. Ok for one, pressing the menu key then enter is no different from pressing the trackball twice you are right. And as far as the analogy about a runner wearing out the bottom of his shoes, well that is somewhat incorrect. Lets juts take wear and tear into consideration, i use the trackball whenever i navigate which is fairly often. I also send roughly 100-200 txt msgs a day. Meaning with each txt i send im clicking the trackball twice, now this may seem minimul but adding this up over time could cause a problem. Considering the keyboard is a much more sturdy feature as opposed to the trackball which can very easily pick up lint, and oils from your finger over time...pressing the menu key and enter seems like the way to go for me.
    06-01-08 04:21 PM
    LOL this has turned into a debate. Ok for one, pressing the menu key then enter is no different from pressing the trackball twice you are right. And as far as the analogy about a runner wearing out the bottom of his shoes, well that is somewhat incorrect. Lets juts take wear and tear into consideration, i use the trackball whenever i navigate which is fairly often. I also send roughly 100-200 txt msgs a day. Meaning with each txt i send im clicking the trackball twice, now this may seem minimul but adding this up over time could cause a problem. Considering the keyboard is a much more sturdy feature as opposed to the trackball which can very easily pick up lint, and oils from your finger over time...pressing the menu key and enter seems like the way to go for me.
    The Great Debate, I definately respect your opinion but since RIM doesnt have the option of pressing enter to send text if you feel that the track ball will be an issue for you just buy a couple and have them on standby. (sighs) Things were easier when we had trackwheels. LOL
    06-01-08 04:36 PM
    Yeah thats cool, i actually find pressing menu,enter to be raster than clicking the trackball twice. Sometimes when i pressing the track ball i will accidently roll it up a bit. Stupid thumbs
    06-01-08 04:41 PM
    Yeah thats cool, i actually find pressing menu,enter to be raster than clicking the trackball twice. Sometimes when i pressing the track ball i will accidently roll it up a bit. Stupid thumbs
    I do the same thing but... What are u gonna do. We love our berries!!!!!
    06-01-08 04:54 PM
    Lol....its not...

06-01-08 04:58 PM
    Faster than clcking the trackball twice that is. I guess to each his own.

06-01-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD