Hi, I just got my Curve today (pink!) and it's working alright for the most part...but I'm worried that some of the problems that I'm having with it might indicate that it's not a good one.

I bought it off of ebay from a seemingly legit user and when I took it to the store, they put it on my line for me and it had a clean ESN and all...

but first of all, it's kind of slow sometimes when I'm going through the menu.

Secondly, my browser doesn't have a URL area...where I can type in the URL of the website I want to go to. I have to search the website through some of kind of interface because it doesn't have that URL input area.

Third and most importantly, MY TRACKBALL WONT LET ME GO UP!! This just started happening a few minutes ago and it's FREAKING ME OUT!!! I can go down and sideways...but i can't go UP anywhere! I can't go up in my menu, or in my messages, or in my options, ANYWHERE. So, I'm just stuck. I can't view my most recent messages right now 'cause it's stuck at the bottom. I'm stuck at the bottom of my menu 'cause it won't go up. I don't know what's going on! Does anyone have a clue???

Please help me...I don't want to return my Blackberry...I waited for a week to get it and I don't want to exchange it.

Oh and I can't figure out what this...double arrow icon means. It's at the top right hand corner of the screen and one arrow is pointing down diagonally and the other is pointing up diagonally...have no idea what it means....

Please help me , fellow Crackberry users!
    Last edited by true_ddalgi; 07-30-09 at 05:18 AM. Reason: title
    07-30-09 04:46 AM
    The double arrows are indicators of sending/receiving data. Up-sending down-receiving. As for the browser url input, press the menu button and click on 'Go To'. Should be there.

The trackball may just need to be cleaned. There's tons of tutorials around here to show you how to do that. As far as running slow, what's your file free at? Options-->About. Also what Operating System are you using? You could try downloading the latest OS for your model and do a fresh install through DM. I'd recommend using CrackMem to remove �ny un-needed files from the OS before you connect your phone to DM, after you install the OS to your phone.

Edit: You can press 't' in the messages folders to go to the top of the window

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 05:21 AM
    When you say the trackball is "stuck and won't go up" does it physically roll up, but the cursor doesn't move up, or is the ball actually stuck?

You can pop the silver ring off the phone and take the trackball assembly out of the phone. See if the little rollers touching the ball are worn/dirty. If they are dirty, you can take a q-tip and slightly dampen it it rubbing alcohol and use that to gently clean the rollers.

When you put the trackball assembly back into the phone, the small spoon shaped metal contact under the trackball assembly points toward the bottom of the phone. The chrome ring goes in with the tiny prongs oriented at the 9-6-3 o'clock positions and snaps in over the trackball assembly.
    07-30-09 06:08 AM
    You might wanna give Bolt browser a try as well. Welcome to crackberry

07-30-09 10:24 AM
    Hello
    Welcome to CB!
    If you're new to blackberrys some of the above mentioned tips while absolutely correct & incredibly helpful, may seem a bit overwhelming.
    If you're hesitant to take out your trackball yourself your phone store may do it for you as a free service. My local verizon store has cleaned & replaced mine for free on several occasions.
    As for your phone running slow there are a few things that you can do that will probably help.
    First you want to clear your browser cache often. With the browser open go to menu>options>cache operations and clear out everything. I do this once a week.
    A battery pull for about 30 seconds with the phone on also helps to speed things up.
    You also need to make sure you're closing all your apps properly so they don't continue running in the background. From the home screen hold down the alt key & hit the back button. This pulls up the menu of everything that is open. The browser, phone log, messages, BBmessenger & home icon will always be there. Everything else needs to be closed.
    Lastly I use Quickpull & LogMaid as daily maintenance apps to keep my berry running smoothly. You may want to check them out.
    Enjoy your new addiction!

Last edited by StrwBerryBlond; 07-30-09 at 10:43 AM.
    07-30-09 10:41 AM
    First you want to clear your browser cache often. With the browser open go to menu>options>cache operations and clear out everything. I do this once a week.Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I found this particularly helpful. Not new to BB but new to CB forums. Thanks for this advice.
    07-30-09 11:12 AM
    Thank you guys so much for the tips and advice! I will try all of those things.

I'm just disappointed because I spent ALL day yesterday personalizing my Curve (downloading themes, setting up like 7 email accounts, installing cool apps, etc.), but it's not running as smoothly as I imagined.

I really hope I won't have to return the phone because I really like it and it'll take foreverrrrrr to get a replacement ('cause I ordered it off of ebay).

If anyone reads this another question...do you guys think buying a Blackberry off of ebay is bad?? Because everyone seems to love their blackberrys but I've had problems with mine from day one. So,...do you think buying Blackberry straight from the phone carrier would be a better option?? Because for me, buying one straight from the carrier would cost me RETAIL price...I'm willing to do it though if it's better because I love Blackberry already. haha

Anyway, thanks again. You guys have convinced me that Crackberry is a good site
    07-30-09 01:23 PM
    If anyone reads this another question...do you guys think buying a Blackberry off of ebay is bad??
    I'm fairly new here myself, but isn't buying new from a retailer always better than buying on eBay? Better deals on eBay, but there is a trade off in support, etc., I'd think.
    07-30-09 01:39 PM
    So,...do you think buying Blackberry straight from the phone carrier would be a better option?? Because for me, buying one straight from the carrier would cost me RETAIL price...I'm willing to do it though if it's better because I love Blackberry already. haha
    From a risk management perspective, sure. But I know many people who've purchased from eBay and haven't had any problems. Electronics are fickle, regardless of how/where they were purchased. If you're that concerned they do offer 3rd party insurance programs but they can be quite costly. You should be fine.
    07-30-09 01:42 PM
    The double arrows are indicators of sending/receiving data. Up-sending down-receiving. As for the browser url input, press the menu button and click on 'Go To'. Should be there.

The trackball may just need to be cleaned. There's tons of tutorials around here to show you how to do that. As far as running slow, what's your file free at? Options-->About. Also what Operating System are you using? You could try downloading the latest OS for your model and do a fresh install through DM. I'd recommend using CrackMem to remove �ny un-needed files from the OS before you connect your phone to DM, after you install the OS to your phone.

Edit: You can press 't' in the messages folders to go to the top of the window

Oh, okay I see. haha the arrows were always there and I was worried there might be something I needed to know about but I couldn't understand for the life of me what it could mean!

I can't see my About because that would require going up in the menu for me and my trackball won't do that. I think my OS is 4.5, but on Verizon's website it said that I couldn't upgrade my OS? But they might be talking about something else that I'm mixing up.

Thank you!

PS. OMG THE "t" tip!! THANK YOU!!! that'll save me for now!! But i still need to get my Blackberry fixed!

xliderider When you say the trackball is "stuck and won't go up" does it physically roll up, but the cursor doesn't move up, or is the ball actually stuck?

You can pop the silver ring off the phone and take the trackball assembly out of the phone. See if the little rollers touching the ball are worn/dirty. If they are dirty, you can take a q-tip and slightly dampen it it rubbing alcohol and use that to gently clean the rollers.

When you put the trackball assembly back into the phone, the small spoon shaped metal contact under the trackball assembly points toward the bottom of the phone. The chrome ring goes in with the tiny prongs oriented at the 9-6-3 o'clock positions and snaps in over the trackball assembly.
    Yes, the trackball physically rolls up, but the cursor won't.

I'm not sure how much physically cleaning the trackball area will help, but it's worth a shot in this case. Thank you for your advice, I will definitely try it. Or...take it to a service center otherwise because it makes me nervous.

Hello
    Welcome to CB!
    If you're new to blackberrys some of the above mentioned tips while absolutely correct & incredibly helpful, may seem a bit overwhelming.
    If you're hesitant to take out your trackball yourself your phone store may do it for you as a free service. My local verizon store has cleaned & replaced mine for free on several occasions.
    As for your phone running slow there are a few things that you can do that will probably help.
    First you want to clear your browser cache often. With the browser open go to menu>options>cache operations and clear out everything. I do this once a week.
    A battery pull for about 30 seconds with the phone on also helps to speed things up.
    You also need to make sure you're closing all your apps properly so they don't continue running in the background. From the home screen hold down the alt key & hit the back button. This pulls up the menu of everything that is open. The browser, phone log, messages, BBmessenger & home icon will always be there. Everything else needs to be closed.
    Lastly I use Quickpull & LogMaid as daily maintenance apps to keep my berry running smoothly. You may want to check them out.
    Enjoy your new addiction!
    Thank you, I plan on taking my baby to my local Verizon store ASAP.

The cache thing is a handy thing to know. I just did it right now and I will do so once a week like you.

I actually did a battery pull on my Blackberry about three times already since i've gotten it, which was yesterday....Is there such a thing as doing TOO many battery pulls? How often is too much and how often is optimal for my baby??

Thank you for all of the help!
    07-30-09 01:47 PM
    I'm just disappointed because I spent ALL day yesterday personalizing my Curve (downloading themes, setting up like 7 email accounts, installing cool apps, etc.), but it's not running as smoothly as I imagined.
    This ^ is very likely the main source of your troubles. When you download new apps & themes you should only do 1 at a time. Then use the BB as usual, use the app, & see how it reacts. Try to wait a day between new downloads.
    I did the very same thing as you when I first discovered all the cool apps I could get & it turned out to be a total disaster.
    To fix it I suggest bookmarking all the things you have downloaded that you want to keep. Then go to options>advanced options>applications & erase everything you have downloaded. That may seem extreme but unless you know which app or theme may have caused your phone to lag I don't think there's any other option. After deleting an app the BB will tell you it needs to restart. Decline to do so until you have erased everything you need to & then do a battery pull. Then you can go through them one by one & re-download them. Its also a good idea to keep a watchful eye on your file free (memory) when adding all these new apps. And remember that themes use up A LOT of memory. You may want to stick with just 1 or 2 themes at a time.

07-31-09 01:41 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Your Blackberry is most likely running slow because of the memory being low. To check your File Free you want to go Options > Status. Or, since you can't get your trackball to scroll up press Alt + Left Shift + H. Scroll down, your File Free will be the second to last item on the list.

The suggested number for your Blackberry to function properly is 12MB (12,000,000 Bytes)
    If it is any lower than this, do a battery pull. That should help to recover some memory. If your File Free stays low, you may want to check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. With low memory, your Blackberry will start deleting things. - messages, BBM convos, etc - on its own to recover more.

Also, if you want to learn more about the basic functions of your new Blackberry, be sure to take some time to read through some of the information in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Your trackball most likely needs cleaning since you said it physically rolls up but the cursor doesn't move. Try rolling the trackball up with it pressed in. This may get whatever dirt is stuck in there out. Another suggestion for that would be a can of compressed air.

You could also take it to a Verizon store and they may change the trackball for you. But, there is also a chance that they won't since you bought it off ebay. If they will not change it, they are numerous online stores that you can buy replacement ones from, just make sure they are OEM trackballs.

I think my OS is 4.5, but on Verizon's website it said that I couldn't upgrade my OS? But they might be talking about something else that I'm mixing up.
    Verizon's highest official release is 4.5.0.77 but there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that has the latest release for another carrier that you can upgrade to. You will just need to delete the vendor file. There are instructions on how to upgrade located in the thread as well.

Phew! That was a lot to type out. Hope I could be of some help!

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-31-09 at 02:44 AM.
    07-31-09 02:34 AM
    This ^ is very likely the main source of your troubles. When you download new apps & themes you should only do 1 at a time. Then use the BB as usual, use the app, & see how it reacts. Try to wait a day between new downloads.
    I did the very same thing as you when I first discovered all the cool apps I could get & it turned out to be a total disaster.
    To fix it I suggest bookmarking all the things you have downloaded that you want to keep. Then go to options>advanced options>applications & erase everything you have downloaded. That may seem extreme but unless you know which app or theme may have caused your phone to lag I don't think there's any other option. After deleting an app the BB will tell you it needs to restart. Decline to do so until you have erased everything you need to & then do a battery pull. Then you can go through them one by one & re-download them. Its also a good idea to keep a watchful eye on your file free (memory) when adding all these new apps. And remember that themes use up A LOT of memory. You may want to stick with just 1 or 2 themes at a time.
    Yeah...I kind of thought about that. That makes sense. Honestly, I downloaded about 4-6 themes onto my BB in one or two sessions last night...That is a LOT, huh. I also downloaded about 4-6 apps onto my BB last night as well....I also put about 6 email accounts on. I Facebooked a lot. Used messed around with all of my apps....Yeah, you get the point.

Okay, the more I think of it, yeah the more it makes sense. I did ABUSE my BB yesterday, poor baby. Yeah, your advice sounds way extreme, but it makes sense so I will try that.

I also followed the advice of many of you today because my cursor still refused to move UP after a full battery charge, a battery pull, many shut-off-shut-ons. So, I got really frustrated and popped out my trackball and cleaned the cavity and the ball as best as I could with a damp (alcohol) qtip. But it still wouldn't work so I followed the example of someone on crackberry and dissembled the trackball from the plastic/metal encasing to clean out EACH tiny part. THAT was a huge mistake because while some people may be able to reassemble the trackball case...I could not. So, I just slipped the plastic part in...and then the trackball-roller-metal part in next and shut it in with the ring. But then....THE CURSOR WOULDNT MOVE AT ALL 'cause I BROKE the trackball!!! I can't believe I did that...

So, I followed the advice of another crackberry user and bought a replacement trackball from blackberrytrackballs.com. It's due to come in a few days...I'm very anxious. I'm in a gamble right now because I have no idea whether the cursor issue is a trackball-issue or an internal problem in the BB. So, if the replacement works, then yay me, I'll reboot my BB....if not, then I'll have to try to exchange my BB for a new one from my ebay seller...I have up to 7days from the day I got my BB to return/exchange it. So, hopefully my trackball replacement will come soon.

I really should've waited until I could take it to a Verizon service center, but I was really impatient.

Anyway, I must admit that after reading through some of the related threads on crackberry.com...I do feel a bit more assured that this isn't a huge problem...because from the looks of it...quite a few users have had problems with their cursors refusing to move in certain directions like mine. But it is a bit worrying since they were able to fix it with a good cleaning...but I wasn't able to fix mine with 3 good cleanings.

HOPEFULLY, this replacement does the trick. I really don't want to go through the hassle of an exchange....Blackberries are worth it...but still. I want my BB to just work fine and give me at least a good YEAR of good use before I get a new one.

Anyway, I learned my lesson and I thought I'd share my experience with you guys. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

PS.
    I'm fairly new here myself, but isn't buying new from a retailer always better than buying on eBay? Better deals on eBay, but there is a trade off in support, etc., I'd think.
    This is what I've been thinking since my problems started because if I had bought my phone from Verizon directly, I could have it replaced if my BB showed signs of manufacturer's defects. But with this ebay seller, I don't feel quite as sure.

From a risk management perspective, sure. But I know many people who've purchased from eBay and haven't had any problems. Electronics are fickle, regardless of how/where they were purchased. If you're that concerned they do offer 3rd party insurance programs but they can be quite costly. You should be fine.
    Thank you...I hope this is true for me as well. I've purchased some things off of ebay and haven't had problems...but never a PHONE. So, I was really anxious about it from the moment I bought it...Anyway, I just hope it's a simple trackball problem...nothing drastic!

Thank you guys
    07-31-09 02:54 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Your Blackberry is most likely running slow because of the memory being low. To check your File Free you want to go Options > Status. Or, since you can't get your trackball to scroll up press Alt + Left Shift + H. Scroll down, your File Free will be the second to last item on the list.

The suggested number for your Blackberry to function properly is 12MB (12,000,000 Bytes)
    If it is any lower than this, do a battery pull. That should help to recover some memory. If your File Free stays low, you may want to check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. With low memory, your Blackberry will start deleting things. - messages, BBM convos, etc - on its own to recover more.

Also, if you want to learn more about the basic functions of your new Blackberry, be sure to take some time to read through some of the information in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Your trackball most likely needs cleaning since you said it physically rolls up but the cursor doesn't move. Try rolling the trackball up with it pressed in. This may get whatever dirt is stuck in there out. Another suggestion for that would be a can of compressed air.

You could also take it to a Verizon store and they may change the trackball for you. But, there is also a chance that they won't since you bought it off ebay. If they will not change it, they are numerous online stores that you can buy replacement ones from, just make sure they are OEM trackballs.

Verizon's highest official release is 4.5.0.77 but there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that has the latest release for another carrier that you can upgrade to. You will just need to delete the vendor file. There are instructions on how to upgrade located in the thread as well.

Phew! That was a lot to type out. Hope I could be of some help!

Yes! That WAS a lot of information and much help. Thank you

I'm such a newbie, but the more I lurke around here, the more puzzles pieces are coming together.

Wow, 12MB?! That is very little memory!! So, I guess my BB can function properly as long as I leave at least 12MB?! WOW, that's great in my opinion! I can't imagine myself using more than that! (I probably will...but still)

Thank you for the links, I've already looked through some of the lecture series because I was looking at the crackberry help section a couple nights ago. It's very interesting and clear information

I actually tried cleaning my trackball around three times already. The day I got it, the cursor stopped moving up that night so I left it and tried cleaning it the next day...but after cleaning it about three times, I broke the entire thing, so I ordered a replacement and I'm waiting for it right now.

I don't think Verizon would replace it for me because I got it off ebay. They usually check your account when you bring your device in...Either way, I ordered a replacement from blackberrytrackballs dot com. I think they sell OEM?? It doesn't officially claim that though so I'm not sure. Do you know of any OEM trackball selling--TRUSTWORTHY sites?? If so,...thank you in advance !! haha

I'm not sure what you meant by your last tip, but I'll check it out. My Verizon line is an employee line so I don't know if I'd be able to upgrade to another carrier....

Thank you so much !
    08-01-09 03:15 AM
    Yes! That WAS a lot of information and much help. Thank you

I'm such a newbie, but the more I lurke around here, the more puzzles pieces are coming together.

Wow, 12MB?! That is very little memory!! So, I guess my BB can function properly as long as I leave at least 12MB?! WOW, that's great in my opinion! I can't imagine myself using more than that! (I probably will...but still)

Thank you for the links, I've already looked through some of the lecture series because I was looking at the crackberry help section a couple nights ago. It's very interesting and clear information

I actually tried cleaning my trackball around three times already. The day I got it, the cursor stopped moving up that night so I left it and tried cleaning it the next day...but after cleaning it about three times, I broke the entire thing, so I ordered a replacement and I'm waiting for it right now.

I don't think Verizon would replace it for me because I got it off ebay. They usually check your account when you bring your device in...Either way, I ordered a replacement from blackberrytrackballs dot com. I think they sell OEM?? It doesn't officially claim that though so I'm not sure. Do you know of any OEM trackball selling--TRUSTWORTHY sites?? If so,...thank you in advance !! haha

I'm not sure what you meant by your last tip, but I'll check it out. My Verizon line is an employee line so I don't know if I'd be able to upgrade to another carrier....

Thank you so much !
    Glad I could be of help. I'm always learning new things about my phone everyday through this site. It is a great place to learn everything Blackberry.

Yep. 12MB is the suggested number. It takes a lot to get down that low though. I'm running 11 apps, have a bunch of emails + text messages on my phone and am still at about 20MB. The number does go down throughout the day, but a battery pull every morning resets it.

Aw. Sorry the trackball broke. Good thing that it is easy to replace.

You can actually purchase them from the Crackberry store, although there are places that have them for less.

The only place I have ordered from and gotten a good trackball from is berryball. The link takes you to an ebay store that sells replacement trackballs. They are a little more expensive than other stores, but the trackballs they sell work well.

There is also Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, that many people suggest on here. They claim the trackballs are OEM but they don't compare at all to the OEM ones. At least their colored trackballs don't.

Another place that has recently be suggested to me is Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts. I don't know about their reliability yet as I haven't needed to order any parts since hearing about them. You can also always find parts for sale on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

I was referring to this link for the last part - http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/. You should be able to upgrade the OS but if you don't want to do it in case something were to go wrong, I wouldn't attempt it.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-01-09 at 04:55 AM.
    08-01-09 04:29 AM
    The only place I have ordered from and gotten a good trackball from is .... The link takes you to an ebay store that sells only trackballs.
    I just ordered a replacement from berryball. Thanks for the tip
    08-01-09 04:51 AM
    Glad I could be of help. I'm always learning new things about my phone everyday through this site. It is a great place to learn everything Blackberry.

Yep. 12MB is the suggested number. It takes a lot to get down that low though. I'm running 11 apps, have a bunch of emails + text messages on my phone and am still at about 20MB. The number does go down throughout the day, but a battery pull every morning resets it.

Aw. Sorry the trackball broke. Good thing that it is easy to replace.

You can actually purchase them from the Crackberry store, although there are places that have them for less.

The only place I have ordered from and gotten a good trackball from is berryball. The link takes you to an ebay store that sells replacement trackballs. They are a little more expensive than other stores, but the trackballs they sell work well.

There is also Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, that many people suggest on here. They claim the trackballs are OEM but they don't compare at all to the OEM ones. At least their colored trackballs don't.

Another place that has recently be suggested to me is Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts. I don't know about their reliability yet as I haven't needed to order any parts since hearing about them. You can also always find parts for sale on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

I was referring to this link for the last part - http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/. You should be able to upgrade the OS but if you don't want to do it in case something were to go wrong, I wouldn't attempt it.
    Yeah, I wish Blackberry came out with a 16GB or at least allowed for apps to be saved on the memory cards. I only have 96MB to start with!

So, I guess I should delete the texts and emails that I don't want/need. My old non-Blackberry phone only allowed 50 texts in the inbox so everytime a new text would come in, it would automatically delete a text at the bottom of the inbox to keep the number at 50 texts. I think I heard somewhere that BB does that too? Or you can set it to be like that...

Also, is it okay to do a battery pull every day?? Isn't that too often? How much is too often?? I thought battery pulls were only for emergencies...How often is the optimal number for battery pulls??

If the need for another trackball arises again, I'll try the berryball store. Thank you!! The other places that you suggested, I'll try if berryball isn't good.

Thank you for your thorough answers Makes me feel assured haha
    08-01-09 11:32 PM
    Yeah, I wish Blackberry came out with a 16GB or at least allowed for apps to be saved on the memory cards. I only have 96MB to start with!

So, I guess I should delete the texts and emails that I don't want/need. My old non-Blackberry phone only allowed 50 texts in the inbox so everytime a new text would come in, it would automatically delete a text at the bottom of the inbox to keep the number at 50 texts. I think I heard somewhere that BB does that too? Or you can set it to be like that...

Also, is it okay to do a battery pull every day?? Isn't that too often? How much is too often?? I thought battery pulls were only for emergencies...How often is the optimal number for battery pulls??

If the need for another trackball arises again, I'll try the berryball store. Thank you!! The other places that you suggested, I'll try if berryball isn't good.

Thank you for your thorough answers Makes me feel assured haha
    They do have devices with more memory, unfortunately the Curve isn't one of those. 96MB is still better than some of the other devices though. The 8320 only has 55MB.

You can set your Blackberry to delete messages after a certain amount of time. This you can configure by going to Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > Keep Messages. You can set it to 15 days, 30 days, 2-6 months, or forever.

I can't honestly answer if it is unsafe as I don't think I've ever seen a straight answer on that either. I usually only do them when my phone starts to lag.

There is an alternative to the battery pull that can be done to reset your phone. Hold down the Alt + Right Shift + Delete keys. Once the white screen comes back up, press it again. This is equivalent to a battery pull without actually removing the battery.

There is also an app called QuickPull that you can download and set up a time for your phone to reset daily. The free version can be found here- QuickPull Lite - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store.

You are very welcome. If you ever need any help in the future feel free to send me a PM. I'm always happy to help out with what I can.
    08-02-09 02:26 AM
    I appologise in advance if someone else already said it. It looks like u got some good advice. Clearing the browser and a bat pull helps but also if u leave ur phone on as much as u can!!! Shut it off only if u have to because it is constantly up dating and when its off it can't do that. So When u turn it back on it has to catch up and becomes sluggish for a little while. Good luck.

08-02-09 08:50 AM
    Yeah guys...I got my new trackball...it didn't fix the problem for me...I'm just gonna have to return this phone. I am very very disappointed by my purchase...I still really love BB but I'm just so frustrated because I can't get a new phone through Verizon since I don't have an upgrade.

I can still use my old phone, but it's annoying after having a BLACKBERRY.

My parents told me not to buy from online anymore 'cause I shouldn't risk dealing with more scams.

AHHHHHHHHHHH I REALLY WANT A BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330 PINK!!!
    08-04-09 01:47 AM
    Sorry that it didn't fix it. There must be a problem with the piece on the motherboard itself then.

I know you say your parents told you not to buy online anymore but have you by any chance checked the Marketplace here? There are several reliable sellers there that have different phones for sale at any given time. Just make sure you check their feedback in the feedback forum before purchasing to be sure that you are not going to get scammed. (There have been a few jerks that have screwed others over, which in the end resulted in them being banned from CB.)

08-04-09 03:13 AM
    As far as I know with my phone, when you go in the browser, you have to press the menu button and click "go to" and THEN type in where you want to go.
    08-04-09 05:15 PM
    Sorry that it didn't fix it. There must be a problem with the piece on the motherboard itself then.

I know you say your parents told you not to buy online anymore but have you by any chance checked the Marketplace here? There are several reliable sellers there that have different phones for sale at any given time. Just make sure you check their feedback in the feedback forum before purchasing to be sure that you are not going to get scammed. (There have been a few jerks that have screwed others over, which in the end resulted in them being banned from CB.)

Yeah, it's too bad But thank you a lot for all of the good advice. I guess my phone had a special problem. I'll try the Marketplace after talking with my parents. I support myself, but they were just upset that I got such a bad deal online. But I really don't see any other choice since I'd have to buy the phone retail price, which is $450....
    08-09-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD