Hi all, i just got a clean wiped BB 8800 and 8310 from a friend of mine, both with the same problem.
    When i turn it on i HAVE to enter a password.
    When i go to the settings there is a small red lock to where is says "Password Enabled" and i cant select it to disable.

How do i disable it?

thanks
    09-11-08 03:44 PM
    The small red lock icon means an IT policy is controlling the password on the phone. Typically this means the phone was used on a corporate BES. The previous owner should have removed the IT policy before disposing of the phone. You can probably remove the policy by this procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/

I emphasize probably because the procedure is not trivial, and may require an OS update that may not be available for your device.
    09-11-08 03:57 PM
    Apollo, please do not make duplicate posts. Now you have two threads with the same topic with different replies. It's confusing and unnecessary. Make one post in the most relevant forum. If you need a thread moved or deleted, contact a mod.
    09-11-08 03:59 PM
    Great thanks!
    Followed that and fixed it!!
    09-11-08 03:59 PM
    Apollo, please do not make duplicate posts. Now you have two threads with the same topic with different replies. It's confusing and unnecessary. Make one post in the most relevant forum. If you need a thread moved or deleted, contact a mod.
    Sorry, i posted that one in the 8800 thread.
    And this one includes my 8310 as well.

Thought the softwares and methods might be different.
    09-11-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD