My old bb curve 8310 was sitting in my drawer since last september. I had upgraded to the 8900 september of 09, and I was just bein nosy and pulled out the 8310....well I turned it on and it had the little 'x' in the top right corner, saying there was no service (yes my SIM was inside and placed correctly)... So I took it out and put it back into my 8900 and all worked fine. But then the 8310 didn't even say 'SOS' in to top corner and there was no connections at all. I then replaced the antenna thinking that was the problem but apparently its not bc it still won't pick up a signal. Now it restarts every time I touch it. Any thoughts as to what's wrong?

Thanks for the help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 11:43 AM
    My 8330 works fine every time I pull it out of storage. Do you store it with the battery out of the BB? Maybe your battery connection is loose, for the rebooting. If there is a memory card in it, that may also be a source of the rebooting, take the card out and see if it continues.

For a bad battery, or loose connection, try plugging the BB into a charger and see if that helps.

Don't know what is going on with your signal issue though, unless it has to do with not enough power to the radio. That would explain it, because then the radio would be automatically shut off to conserve power.
    06-23-10 12:09 PM
    the battery might be loose, thats an idea. but it reboots even in the charging port. not sure why it wont pick up a signal even on afull battery
    06-23-10 12:10 PM
    Since you didn't mention whether the battery was in or out of the device while in storage, I'll base my advice on that the battery was left in the device and the battery is very low. It just might need to be left on the charger for a while.
    06-23-10 01:23 PM
    Is the radio turned on?
    06-23-10 07:02 PM
    +1 for manually turning the radio back on
    06-23-10 07:18 PM
    the radio is on!! it doesnt say 'off' it has the little 'x'
    06-23-10 09:51 PM
    No need to get testy. I was just a question since you didn't mention it. Sheesh.
    06-24-10 06:19 AM
    lol i waasnt being testy? im just saying im so confused
    06-24-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD