hey just got the msl for my phone just wondering if there is anything fun I can do with it?
    08-17-08 05:02 PM
    ok I'll bite whats msl?
    08-17-08 05:13 PM
    If you're referring to the Master Subsidy Lock, it simply will unlock the Blackberry so that it can be used on other carriers networks.
    08-17-08 05:18 PM
    If you're referring to the Master Subsidy Lock, it simply will unlock the Blackberry so that it can be used on other carriers networks.
    hmmm... I thought it was sued to program the phone for the carrier the phone is for. I'm going to have to research what you said here; cause if thats the case, unlocking wouldnt be a chore as long as you have the MSL.
    08-17-08 05:23 PM
    hmmm... I thought it was sued to program the phone for the carrier the phone is for. I'm going to have to research what you said here; cause if thats the case, unlocking wouldnt be a chore as long as you have the MSL.
    Actually, there's more to it - read this for more info:

http://www.bridog.net/cellular/msl.txt
    08-17-08 05:30 PM
    sprint will only activate phones in their database already. they cant/wont add a new esn outta the blue. u can try to get verizon to let you activate a sprint phone on their network. you can use a att phone on the tmobile network and vice versa. unlocking mainly applies to gsm networks like tmobile and att. cdma is much stricter and harder to do. the only one that will let you activate unlocked cdma phones is Cricket
    08-17-08 05:31 PM
    sprint will only activate phones in their database already. they cant/wont add a new esn outta the blue. u can try to get verizon to let you activate a sprint phone on their network. you can use a att phone on the tmobile network and vice versa. unlocking mainly applies to gsm networks like tmobile and att. cdma is much stricter and harder to do. the only one that will let you activate unlocked cdma phones is Cricket

CDMA carriers are picky like that...
    08-17-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD