I've had the phone and Bluetooth for about a month.

Out of the blue the damn tooth stopped working today.

I've tried everything I can and I'm at a loss.

Yes I've removed it, reinstalled it etc, but it finds it and say waiting for Motorola HS850 so it never pairs it.

I can turn it off and it then says paired when I turn it back on, but still doesn't work.

The damn bluetooth is addicting and I don't want to talk without it

If anyone has a clue, let me know, but only if you actually have knowledge of this item.

I'm a bit of a computer/electronics guru so I don't want low level AOL tech support on this one...I want the best.

Let me know if you can help.
    09-27-08 03:10 AM
    Firstly, you would get more responses if you invite all responses and not limit yourself. Most people won't respond to you, I however will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have had 4 hs850's over the past 3 years. I had something similar happen to me (several times). What worked for me was to delete the device from my bb and pair it again using 0000 as password and setting the device as trusted. . If this doesn't work, delete it again. Plug it in to the charger for a couple of seconds and try again. The charger part has always solved my problem.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 04:24 AM
    Will the headset pair with any other bluetooth phone?
    Will the phone pair with any other BT headset?

When my headset flaked out on me, it was the battery in the headset that went to headset battery heaven. It would hold a small charge and die, (would hold a charge 20 mins at best, not matter how long it was on the charger). Replaced the headeset and all was well.

And how I found it was the headset, was that it would not pair with any other phones and my phone would pair with 9 other headsets (borrowed two and the rest were in stores).

So barring not setting them both up to pair properly, (which I doubt is the case), time to rule out which one is the problem child and send it to rehab.
    09-27-08 04:35 AM
    I'm a PC tech so I did try EVERYTHING with the exception of 1 thing.

Powering off the blackberry does nothing if you don't take the battery out for at least 10 seconds.

Deleted it and re-added it and it worked EZ PIE CAKE CHEESE :P

Thanks fer the help, but it's all done
    09-27-08 01:25 PM
    I'm a PC tech so I did try EVERYTHING with the exception of 1 thing.

Powering off the blackberry does nothing if you don't take the battery out for at least 10 seconds.

Deleted it and re-added it and it worked EZ PIE CAKE CHEESE :P

Thanks fer the help, but it's all done

Also FYI, the bluetooth did pair with my wife's Erikson phone NP prior to me removing the battery on the 8310.
    09-27-08 01:26 PM
    Ah yes, battery yank seems to be a cure for a lot of things.
    They need a button on the BB that says... Battery Yank please press if things get Wonky.
    09-27-08 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD