Ok, I have the aim app on my phone, but when I try to add the service book using desktop manager it's greyed out and it says "databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them" What does this mean and how can I fix this?
    I figured it out, I had to delete the desktop [SYNC] service book and then the option was available, I installed it, then undeleted the sync service book and I'm good to go with AIM!!!
    09-12-08 12:20 PM
    hey guys i'm a newb but somewhat computer savvy, i'm trying to get aim on my at&t 8310 and i'm following these directions but can't find the shared folder that i need here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.69_P2.7.0.72
    it just isn't there, is there something i'm missing
    thanks
    You've installed the operating system to your computer right? I've never had a blackberry shared loader file go missing on me.
    09-12-08 01:44 PM
    You've installed the operating system to your computer right? I've never had a blackberry shared loader file go missing on me.
    by operating system you mean the desktop manager? sorry for the stupid question, i've barely had my blackberry for a week. and thanks for the help
    Last edited by mbimmer89; 09-12-08 at 06:09 PM.
    09-12-08 06:02 PM
    No No sorry for the confusion. You need to have the new operating system for the phone. Your operating system since you have an 8310.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-55061/

Follow that to find out what the newest OS for your device is. It also has good instructions to install it.

Once you've installed it see one of the other links i provided to optimize your memory a little more and then follow the rest of the steps to get AIM on the device and you should be set.
    09-12-08 06:28 PM
    hey killingwthasmile thank you so much, worked like a charm! the facebook app and email icons went missing after i did it, but i figured how to get those back. now i got aim and all the features of the 4.5 os. you guys are great!
    09-12-08 10:59 PM
    Glad i could help
    09-13-08 08:19 AM
    Sweet write-up guys! Works perfectly on my 8310 w/ 4.5.0.81!!
    09-19-08 04:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD