So I recently updated my blackberry curve with the latest update. It was still running on its original software version since I first got it (~1.5 years ago). Now with the update the text layout/background is different, the contact list is also in a different format, along with many other things. Is there a way to change all of these back to how/what I am used to, or am I stuck with it.

-Don
    09-23-09 12:59 AM
    What were you running before, 4.2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 01:07 AM
    So I recently updated my blackberry curve with the latest update. It was still running on its original software version since I first got it (~1.5 years ago). Now with the update the text layout/background is different, the contact list is also in a different format, along with many other things. Is there a way to change all of these back to how/what I am used to, or am I stuck with it.

-Don
    Nope. Welcome to OS 4.5 What were you on 4.2?
    09-23-09 01:08 AM
    I am actually not sure, is there a way to check? I am fairly phone illiterate as you can see. Before, when I was sending/receiving calls, the background would be a picture of a globe and of a phone, now it's just a blue background and circles/bubbles.

-Don
    09-23-09 01:09 AM
    You got this xliderider?
    09-23-09 01:13 AM
    Look at Options, About. Third line down. That is your upgraded OS version.

Give it some time. 4.5 has a video camera, better browser, better memory management, etc.

Now you'll probably complain about losing your preloaded images/wallpaper.

09-23-09 01:15 AM
    You got this xliderider?
    You want it?

09-23-09 01:17 AM
    Yay! Helpdesk trade-offs!

Who's working on this? You got this?

(No, I'm not taking it. You can have it. )
    09-23-09 01:22 AM
    Look at Options, About. Third line down. That is your upgraded OS version.

Give it some time. 4.5 has a video camera, better browser, better memory management, etc.

Now you'll probably complain about losing your preloaded images/wallpaper.

No, I don't care about those.

Looks like I am just going to have to get used to it, or maybe I should take this chance to change over to an iphone, since my blackberry no longer like the old friend I was used to.
    09-23-09 01:34 AM
    No, I don't care about those.

Looks like I am just going to have to get used to it, or maybe I should take this chance to change over to an iphone, since my blackberry no longer like the old friend I was used to.
    LMFAO!!!!! Knock yourself out! Maybe you should learn about your device and how to use it first!
    09-23-09 01:39 AM
    Sounds to me like when he did the upgrade it just reverted to the default theme and a different font type and/or size, which were not what he was used to.
    09-23-09 01:58 AM
    The themes didn't change for me, and I already played around with font types and sizes.
    09-23-09 02:04 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

You can download the original OS and reload it on your BB. Just look for the 4.2 OS for your device on your carrier.

09-23-09 02:06 AM
    09-23-09 02:12 AM
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you sound like the kind of person who would have kept riding your horse to work because cars didn't have saddles. I know your phone "looks" different than you're used to, but does it "work" better? It should. 4.2 to 4.5 is a significant upgrade, and should be much better for your phone.

Besides, you can't stand a few cosmetic changes to your "precious" BB, but in the same breath you say maybe you'll just change over to an iPhone, an entirely different phone and experience altogether? If you hate such minor changes, how are you going to adjust to such a drastic change as that?
    09-23-09 12:56 PM
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you sound like the kind of person who would have kept riding your horse to work because cars didn't have saddles. I know your phone "looks" different than you're used to, but does it "work" better? It should. 4.2 to 4.5 is a significant upgrade, and should be much better for your phone.

Besides, you can't stand a few cosmetic changes to your "precious" BB, but in the same breath you say maybe you'll just change over to an iPhone, an entirely different phone and experience altogether? If you hate such minor changes, how are you going to adjust to such a drastic change as that?
    lmao mrwheel.........for future reference my signature has those links as well
    09-23-09 01:30 PM

Woah, woah, woah Horsey, slow down! You're going a little too fast there and getting ahead of yourself now.

Obviously I wouldn't have updated it if there weren't obvious OS upgrades that made it "work" better.

The iPhone statement was a joke/analogy, but obviously that flew over your head. I was simply stating that if I was going to have to get used to the new update changes/layouts, then it might as well be a completely different phone to me anyways.
    09-23-09 01:53 PM
    I find it amazing how many people I run into with blackberries that have owned them for 1 year plus, and don't have a clue as to the functionality and abilities of the phone. Get to know your Blackberry people!

09-23-09 03:45 PM
    I find it amazing how many people I run into with blackberries that have owned them for 1 year plus, and don't have a clue as to the functionality and abilities of the phone. Get to know your Blackberry people!

Agreed! Well said!
    09-23-09 04:06 PM
    He wants to revert back, so whats with the negatives, he doesnt like it.. that's his choice.

LOL @ "kind of person who..."

please.
    09-23-09 04:10 PM
    If you can find your os it may not be offered anymore if it is pretty old. I don't think the op knew what his was... I tried xriders link to 4.2 and it did not pull up but the blackberry.com site is where to look unless you want a hybrid.

Some posters update all the time and others like myself are content to stay with what we have. Of course I am on 4.5 with sprint no hybrid for me because I don't believe you gain that much. And sometimes things change a lot and you have to re learn some features...
    09-23-09 05:27 PM
    He wants to revert back, so whats with the negatives, he doesnt like it.. that's his choice.
    I do understand being happy with a phone the way it is and not wanting to change it, but I don't understand doing such a drastic update without knowing what you're getting yourself into first. It is somewhat of a given that something significant will change with an update like that, so ask the questions first, not afterwards.
    09-24-09 04:23 PM
    I do understand being happy with a phone the way it is and not wanting to change it, but I don't understand doing such a drastic update without knowing what you're getting yourself into first. It is somewhat of a given that something significant will change with an update like that, so ask the questions first, not afterwards.
    He has an issue with fonts, and really, way back when on my first update, who would have thought it would change the fonts, I certainly didnt. I knew about the video camera etc etc but fonts? no
    09-24-09 04:29 PM
    I myself would love to go back to 4.2 due to the fact not only my 8320 but my fiance's 8320 both suffered los of speaker volume when the update was done. I understand some didn't have this issue but there were also a bunch of posts with people that did. So I understand why he wants to downgrade. **** I wanna downgrade my OS as well

09-24-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD