This sucks, since yesterday, I've downloaded the BB Software for 8310 OS (75mb) abt 10 times and each time it eaches 70 mb and stops. I'm officially frustrated with this. Anyone know whether theres a way to download using DAP? or any other software that would allow a resume?
    07-30-08 11:01 AM
    How long have you waited before you gave up or did it give you some sort of error? I've noticed that sometimes it'll get stuck at a certain spot but if I leave it alone, it'll pick back up. Keep trying! Maybe it was just really busy yesterday.
    07-30-08 11:07 AM
    From where you are, I am not at all surprised that it is taking a while. I am in Switzerland and even here it craps out fom time to time.

There used to be a number of altenate sites where you could download th OSs from but they have all gone away cuz RIM got angry with them.

You are, regrettably, just going to have to keep trying.

You might find what you are looking for on bittorrent - try that maybe.
    07-30-08 11:12 AM
    yeah i didnt really give up, it just says the connection got reset. I tried picking out the source of the download, but it dint work. I'm actually on an 8 mbps line
    07-30-08 11:42 AM
    I understand this guys frustration. I'm far from being a newb but updating OS's for blackberry had got to be the most tedious thing ever. RIM needs to make this aspect more user friendly. Not everybody is or gets addicted to their berrys enough to put up with this aspect of berry ownership.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 01:11 PM
    I recommend you using internet download manager, never once I had a problem downloading BB software. You do get a trial period on it.
    07-30-08 01:22 PM
    Have dap installent but for some reason it won't pick the download up. Tried everything. I think I'm gonna give up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 01:33 PM
    It's not your 8Mb link to the Indian backbone, it is all the other crap that goes on between you and RIM.

It is the old case of 'if you want to get warmer, get closer to the fire.'

Using a download manager is probably your best bet. Mayby you need to try a different one.

Also like I said earlier, try using torrent sites.
    07-30-08 03:20 PM
    ITS A MIRACLE! It finally downloaded! God that took long. Yeah Pete, I hear what you're saying. We face the problem of weak links very often, we have a web design agency that does a lotta websites here. So we're always trying to 'get it online fast while the connections good' so to speak... Our servers are co-located in the US
    07-31-08 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD