Hello all. i am new to this wonderful site & forum and am a NEW Blackberry user (be Kind ) I just purchased the Curve 8330, I came from using the Palm treo 700W. I simply want to do a few things. Transfer, sync, Whatever the correct term is, please choose, my contacts from the Treo, to the Blackberry Curve. I am using the blackberry desktop manager version 4.3.0.17, & Windows Vista ultimate on my laptop. Dont know if it helps any but I have just 1 blackberry email address for now, I dont want to sync any outlook email to my 8330. Please advise and.....

Thanks in advance.
    05-23-08 09:04 PM
    If you can sync your info with Outlook, then you can configure desktop manager to sync that info from Outlook to your BB.
    05-23-08 09:19 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop can be used to sync with multiple PIM's. You have to configure the sync to point to Outlook.

Click "Synchronize" is Desktop Manager, then click the "Options" tab at the top the go to "Configure Synch". From there, you can tell the options like calendar and contact sync to pull from Outlook.
    05-23-08 09:22 PM
    I seem to have done that and see that over 100 contacts have been added but, when or if I want to text, email, or phone call someone, it doesnt seem to automatically finish the contact persons name or number and, I cant seem to FIND any of the contacts even though it says over 100 contacts where synched.

Thanks again
    05-23-08 09:25 PM
    Have you checked the filters in your address book? Sometimes it will dump the contacts into one category and it will appear that your contacts are hidden.
    05-23-08 09:30 PM
    Filters within my address book? Are you talking about the filters on the 8330? The only filters that are there are "Personal" and "Business", when I choose either of them it says "No adresses" but the device when I go into "options" within my address book says I have 197 entries. Im confused, I STILL cant see any of my contacts.
    05-23-08 09:45 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-24-08 05:51 AM
    Filters within my address book? Are you talking about the filters on the 8330? The only filters that are there are "Personal" and "Business", when I choose either of them it says "No adresses" but the device when I go into "options" within my address book says I have 197 entries. Im confused, I STILL cant see any of my contacts.
    Try un-checking the filter categories. That should should show all contacts, unless that is where you started.
    05-24-08 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD