It's too hard to use. It's hard to input addresses. I cant search for something im looking for like i can on google maps. Im going to try amazegps and see how this works. If anyone would like to add any advice on this i'd greatly appreciate it.
    07-06-08 03:27 PM
    I ended up getting a stand alone GPS. It was cheaper than 6 months rental on the BlackBerry pay-per-month GPS services and I can use my phone as well as navigate.

The stand-alone GPS works a lot better than did ANY of the BlackBerrt based products. I still keep Google Maps on my phone as a backup.
    07-06-08 03:35 PM
    can someone please help me install amazegps on my bb. I go to the link im instructed to from my media net browser wap.amazegps.com but it seems to be an invlaid link or something. I cant connect to it. Can someone tell me how to install it on my computer and run it from my device manager please
    07-06-08 04:02 PM
    I personally like google maps search. It seems to be very inclusive locating what you are looking for. However I would recommend calling to make sure the place still exists before driving to it. I discovered that the hard way when a group of friends and I were looking to go out to eat after a movie and wanted to know what restaurants were in the area. BB maps also has a search feature though I've not use it yet because I like google maps search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 10:56 PM
    yeah nav4all is horrible, i hate the way you have to input addresses and how long addresses dont fit. i currently just use googlemaps
    07-07-08 02:17 AM
    It's too hard to use. It's hard to input addresses. I cant search for something im looking for like i can on google maps. Im going to try amazegps and see how this works. If anyone would like to add any advice on this i'd greatly appreciate it.
    Haven't used it but thanks for sharing your experience with this. Helps the rest of us avoid wasting time with a product that doesn't deliver on its promises.
    07-07-08 02:25 AM
    Haven't used it but thanks for sharing your experience with this. Helps the rest of us avoid wasting time with a product that doesn't deliver on its promises.
    yes indeed that's why i posted it. I have downloaded amazegps and it works great! It has voice turn by turn navigation. I experimented with it today and it works perfect!!! I still have google maps as back up plus google maps is awesome anyways and you can find almost anything on that thing!
    07-07-08 02:31 AM
    yeah nav4all is horrible, i hate the way you have to input addresses and how long addresses dont fit. i currently just use googlemaps
    try amazegps
    07-07-08 02:32 AM
    The amazegps LOOKS pretty cool- but how intrusive are the ads? I would have thought that the demo vids would avoid showing them, but there they are.
    07-07-08 09:13 AM
    I don't have any adds on mine. have you downloaded amazegps yet? Maybe the adds were only on the demo. Im yet to see any ads on my phone.
    07-07-08 10:11 AM
    I don't have any adds on mine. have you downloaded amazegps yet? Maybe the adds were only on the demo. Im yet to see any ads on my phone.
    No I haven't...yet... but on each demo I watched, it shows ads for Nike and KFC after entering info while it searches for the data. Just curious if they are present while actual data is shown or if it is just during the access times, which wouldn't be so bad, I suppose.
    07-07-08 10:39 AM
    I'm yet to see ANY ADDS at any time while im on amazegps.
    07-07-08 12:58 PM
    the only flaw i've found is when i search for something near my gps location it gives me location no where near my area or area code for that matter.
    07-07-08 01:03 PM
    nav 4all works ok for me very good voice too but a little diff to learn to use all in all its pretty accurate but its no garmin but a great backup if my wife takes my garmin by the way i do have 4.5 on my phone too
    07-07-08 10:13 PM
    nav 4all works ok for me very good voice too but a little diff to learn to use all in all its pretty accurate but its no garmin but a great backup if my wife takes my garmin by the way i do have 4.5 on my phone too
    try installing amazegps i like it alot and it's 10x easier to use than nav4all.
    07-07-08 11:25 PM
    Holy lack of punctuation Batman!

Isn't AmazEgps a pay service after the trial period? I have a hard time convincing myself to pay for a service that should be native to the device but is crippled by the carrier. GPS is a free-of-charge technology. Buy any standalone GPSr and you pay for the device, and maybe the map software depending on the manufacturer, but you never have to pay to access the satalites...

Honestly, the main difference between the 8310 and the 8320 is one has GPS and one has wifi, but you don't see the 20's having to pay a monthly fee to access wifi.

[/rant]
    07-08-08 01:01 AM
    Holy lack of punctuation Batman!

Isn't AmaZeGPS a pay service after the trial period?
    Nope, like nav4all, it is free and the new updated is head
    and shoulders better than the last version. The map views
    are really nice. All that said I still think nav4all is they easier,
    more intuitive, more feature rich, and above all more
    accurate of the two, at least in my tests.
    07-08-08 01:08 AM
    Then which one am I thinking of that is a pay service?
    07-08-08 01:14 AM
    Garmin, CoPilot (after 6 mo trial), TeleNav and the
    VZW nav app. Probably a few others too.
    07-08-08 01:19 AM
    OK, color me schooled.

I downloaded Nav4all a few days ago. I haven't tried it on any trips yet, but the interface is a bit wacky. I get really frustrated that the BB button sends me back to the home screen instead of pulling up the menu like every other app I have. I may dl Amaze and give it a shot too.
    07-08-08 01:43 AM
    Then which one am I thinking of that is a pay service?
    well when installing it says its free until 2010 but i can just un-install by then if i havent found something better. The other poster that said nav4all was better i just dont see how you can think that. I messed on it for over and hour and couldnt figure out how to work the crap. plus it doesnt have maps like amazegps. I still think google maps gives better directions then both of them just without the turn by turn voice navigation, which is cool.
    07-08-08 01:43 AM
    OK, color me schooled.

I downloaded Nav4all a few days ago. I haven't tried it on any trips yet, but the interface is a bit wacky. I get really frustrated that the BB button sends me back to the home screen instead of pulling up the menu like every other app I have. I may dl Amaze and give it a shot too.
    i think you'll be happier with amaze. I wish google maps would come out with voice turn by turn navigation.
    07-08-08 01:46 AM
    The other poster that said nav4all was better i just dont see how you can think that.
    Simply a matter of personal preference. I like it, you don't.
    Neither of us are going to lose any sleep over the others
    choice . I just find it has more features, easier to use,
    faster to load and shutdown, and much more accurate.
    I use what works for me, you use what works for you, but
    there is no need to tear down either app down. They both have
    their pros and cons.
    07-08-08 02:34 AM
    I tried amAze and I had problems searching for addresses. It didn't recognize my road (it's been there 10 years), and Postocode search doesn't work. I live in East Yorkshire, not Northamptonshire, stupid thing!

I want to get away from using my old T-Mobile MDA with a not-so-legitimate TomTom install. Considering Garmin as it's cheaper than TomTom and they have recently announced some of their devices run an Embedded Linux backend. Orgasmic!
    07-08-08 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD