so i can use GPS
    04-22-09 03:24 PM
    What I did was just went into Google Mobile and I uploaded their software and NOW I have GPS/NAV on my phone for FREE. It's really cool and it shows you where you are located(blue dot) and you can save favorite locations and get driving directions. Also you can search for nearby points of interest. VERY VERY handy if you get lost or to find things.

Try it and it's FREE!!!!

I hope that helps.

Kind regards, Richy Richmann
    RichmannMotorSport.com
    04-22-09 03:29 PM
    thanks! will this still work if i dont have web browsing enabled?
    04-22-09 03:31 PM
    depends which maps app you are looking for.

there are a couple of free ones out there. i started off with google maps, but the gps-locator was always off and i experienced some heavy memory leak with it, so i switched to livesearch, which is spot-on in terms of determining your location, but it gave funky directions sometimes, so now i'm back with google maps. the new upgraded google maps (with latitude) seems to work okay so far, with no major memory leak.

here is the link for google maps: Google Mobile | Maps for your phone
    and here is the link for livesearch: Loco4Local

there's also the standard blackberry maps, which should come pre-installed with your phone, but if its not, you can download it here: BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    i havent tried this though so i dont know how well it works.

there's some other free ones out there, i'm sure. but google maps is a solid one if you want to try it.
    04-22-09 03:33 PM
    thanks! will this still work if i dont have web browsing enabled?
    I don't think so. I do believe you have to have the media web bundle package so you can go into the internet and download google. Eitherway you have to have internet connection on your phone for GPS anyway so if you have internet then you will have NO problem getting google mobile.
    04-22-09 03:34 PM
    thank you!
    04-22-09 03:44 PM
    thank you!
    you are very welcome.
    04-22-09 03:47 PM
    Now I hope someone can help me with my BB issue.
    04-22-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD