I hope i made the right decision......there were so many options out there to choose from. This will be my 1st BB, considering the last one was a hand me down from my son when he got a new phone, and it only worked a few days until it quit working. I just need it for calling, & texting...is this still i good phone for someone who will not be buying the data package? What all can i do without purchasing the data package? Can i still hook it up to computer and get any apps?
    12-23-09 06:56 AM
    Yes you can get apps through your pc... most carriers requirea data plan to activate bbs.
    12-23-09 07:52 AM
    You can use it as a basic phone with calls, SMS, and MMS capability without a data plan and you'll be fine. The internet, email, and GPS are additional and use a huge amount of megabytes which will really open your eyes when the bill arrives.

Jack

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 10:53 AM
    If you're going to be using your usb port a lot, I recommend buying a charging dock, to save wear and tear on the usb port as much as possible. It uses the gold leads on the back of the phone to charge, rather than the usb port.
    12-23-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD