so i have had a blackberry 8330 for a few weeks now and love it to death BUT for some reason about once a week when i get a call i cant hear anything they are saying. no matter how many times they call me or i call them or even someone else, i cant hear a thing but they are lucky enough to hear me the entire time i am cursing at my phone. the only thing that i have found to fix it is the good ol battery pull. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on a fix for this.
    06-14-08 12:37 AM
    yes this is a known problem, i am on my 2nd curve and 2nd one to do that problem. call your provider and tell them you want some credit, i was able to get a full month credit for the problem and since then it hasnt done it again but it was doing it on a daily basis from day #1 i bought it. as for a known fix i have yet to find anything or hear anytthing back from the vzw rep i talked to that said she was going to call blackberry and talk to them but like i said my phone fixed itself now
    06-14-08 01:01 AM
    I have had my 8130 since @ January and it started doing the same thing a month ago. I've got insurance but I don't want to pay the $50 deductible unless it's something serious. But then, if I need to call 911 and the call doesn't go through, that could be serious.

Battery pull has been fixing mine, or the soft reset program.

Anyone know more about this problem? I didn't know it was a known problem. I'll have to do a search.
    06-14-08 01:28 AM
    Could this possibly be a network issue rather than a device issue? I've yet to experience anything like this on VZW. I hope to keep it that way.
    06-14-08 01:32 AM
    I just got my BB a few weeks ago and had that problem too.I called customer service (Verizon) and they told me to turn off my BB at least one a day & leave it off for a full minute or more. I went back to the store and got a brand new phone. This one did it too. I figured that the problem was something that I was doing wrong so in just playing around with my BB I went to the voice dialing icon and hit it and just ended the action without saying anything and I didn't have that problem again...until yesterday! So I retried the voice dialing thing again & it worked. I don't know what's up with that but if anyone else has done this or has any other ideas, please let me know
    Thanks,
    Suz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 11:52 AM
    good to know about the voice dialing thing. I would take it in a get a replacement (FRU) but since i am a dealer and its on my business line its not so easy. If i was able to get another one i would be without a phone for a week or so until they get around to processing the ESN change. So if the voice dial thing works, i guess i am going to live with it for the moment.
    06-16-08 08:47 PM
    Ok guys its a bb issue. I posted about this a few weeks ago under problem issue or just me.
    The problem is a mms message that uses a qcq file. If the file is not played in its entirety. You then get this reverse mute issue. There is a link on the last post of my thread that will better explain it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 09:26 PM
    I had this problem on my 8830WE. Verizon sent me a Curve. It does the same thing just not as often. Of course the Curve has this stupid camera so I cannot take it into quite a few of my clients' locations so I only have my phone with me half the time I could carry my 8830.
    06-16-08 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD