I have the BB Curve 8330 with Verizon, running OS 4.5.

I know that I am able to to left click, then select 'switch application' to see what is running the in the background.

I can close everything fully except 5 applications, including: call log, home screen, bb messenger, browser and messages. Even if I open them and then close them, they still show up when I select 'switch application.'

Are these 5 apps. designed to always stay on in the background ?

thanks for any help.

Jason.
    04-19-09 03:21 PM
    Yes.
    I deleted my BB messenger.
    Now it doesn't show up.
    But those 5 are always on.

An alternative to "left clicking" is.
    So hold the "Alt" button and the "curved back arrow or Right click" at the same time.
    This will bring up that same menu.
    04-19-09 03:26 PM
    Yes.
    I deleted my BB messenger.
    Now it doesn't show up.
    But those 5 are always on.

An alternative to "left clicking" is.
    So hold the "Alt" button and the "curved back arrow or Right click" at the same time.
    This will bring up that same menu.
    Moo - so those 5 will always run in the background unless I uninstall them?
    04-19-09 03:35 PM
    Those 5 programs will always be there. It's normal. Why are you trying to get rid of them? Your device won't work correctly if you delete them.
    04-19-09 03:48 PM
    Those 5 programs will always be there. It's normal. Why are you trying to get rid of them? Your device won't work correctly if you delete them.
    I just thought that maybe my BB would run faster if they weren't running in the background. I don't want to get rid of them, but I just noticed they are always running in the background, when I go to 'switch application' after left clicking, they are always there.
    04-19-09 04:04 PM
    It's normal. Nothing to be done about it.

And think about it, if the phone app isn't running, your phone function won't work.
    04-19-09 04:54 PM
    It's normal. Nothing to be done about it.

And think about it, if the phone app isn't running, your phone function won't work.

You're right, thanks MM !

Jason
    04-19-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD