Hi All,

I need some help with an 8300...
    I can't forward any emails FROM the blackberry to another email address...
    However, I CAN successfully send emails if I start a fresh one... receiving emails are no problems.

When I try to forward an email from the device, it fails and comes back with a message status: "Transaction Error - General Failure"

I am connected to a BES.
    I have already tried to re-send the service books, re-did Enterprise activation on the device. Still no good... I checked the BES Alert logs but the most I can get out of it is the following:

"{[email protected]} StreamToMessage() failed, Tag=652396
    [30000] (08/19 10:00:44.473):{0x890} Alarm::ThreadProc: Received an alarm message"

I am one step away from wiping the device clean but I was hoping to avoid it. So any help would much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advanced...

Cheers,

Mikey
    08-18-08 08:32 PM
    Make sure your IT Policy is not prohibiting forwarding emails. I've never heard of that, and it may not even be a BES option, but I'd check on it before I wiped my device. The log entry doesn't mean anything to me.
    08-18-08 10:01 PM
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply... Yeah those logs entries seem useless... But I have checked the IT Policy. Everyone uses the same BES IT policy with a few exceptions, but shes not an exception... and I've not heard anyone in the company with the same problem. My 8800 forwards emails fine.

And about wiping the hand held being a last resort... the user beat me to it! Our IT Policy is set to WIPE after 4 unsuccessful logon attempts (for security purposes of course)... I gave the user back the device while I try to figure out this problem. And would you believe it. User forgot his BB password and didnt call me to change it. WIPED it clean! hehehe (probably not a laughing matter).

So I re-activated it on the BES. Tried to forward an email and still got the same problem. So now im thinking it must be a setting on the 8300 itself... but what??

Do you or anyone know where a setting would be on an 8300 from stopping a user from forwarding emails? Could it be a device H/W problem? Maybe the user profile on the BES has gone corrupt? (just thinking out loud now)...

You're all encouraged to think out loud with me... Cheers
    08-18-08 10:32 PM
    darn those pesky policy's, not that id know or anything
    08-18-08 10:34 PM
    Did you manage to find a fix for this? I have the exact same issue with a user who is also using an 8300. Any help would be great
    11-03-08 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD