When I go to my browser icon it opens the "Services-email accounts" page. I failed to add a work email to my (properly functioning) home email earlier and now after trying every cancel and option button I can find I cannot get out of this to get internet access back. Why am I stuck here? This thing can be hard to navigate that way sometimes.
    06-21-08 02:49 PM
    Do a battery pull with the device on, after 30 seconds replace it. Then give it a try.
    06-21-08 03:00 PM
    I have not heard of this problem, but have you tried a battery pull?
    06-21-08 03:01 PM
    There isn't even an option to cancel or exit from this utility screen! I will try the battery pull now.
    06-21-08 03:02 PM
    Do a battery pull with the device on, after 30 seconds replace it. Then give it a try.

We posted at the same time, my bad
    06-21-08 03:02 PM
    Battery pull worked after a full minute of hour glass after reboot. Doesn't seem right but its back. Thanks!
    06-21-08 03:08 PM
    A wise man once said "when in doubt, pull it out" ...the battery that is
    06-21-08 03:12 PM
    Helps if you hit Menu and Close to get out of apps rather then hitting the End button.
    06-21-08 03:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Curve 8330 that The Professor did and pulling the battery hasn't helped.

Any other ideas?
    05-06-09 11:24 PM
    in menu try the go to function and see if that gets you out to google.
    05-06-09 11:27 PM
    I'm afraid I don't follow you, sorry. Can you elaborate?
    05-06-09 11:41 PM
    if you are stuck on the email page of your browser right?? hit your menu button scroll down to the go to option and you should go to google. You can then setup a home page by going to the page you want and hit the menu key, look for set home page
    05-06-09 11:47 PM
    I do not appear to have a "go to" option.
    05-06-09 11:59 PM
    you are using the blackberry browser? I have sprint so maybe there is a difference. What options do you have in your menu mine is help,stop,home,go to etc...
    05-07-09 12:04 AM
    I too have the same problem. 8330 on Alltel, only two weeks old, so the OS is the v4.5.0.127.
    After clicking on the "email setup" icon, I use the red button to go back to the apps screen. I hit the "browser" button; Instead of going to my Go-to page, it stays in the email setup page. There isn't a "go-to" in the menu. I've done this to two other 8330s here.

JRSCCivic is exactly right!!! In either the email setup or the browser page, once you are stuck, if you'll open the menu and press "close", the next time you open the browser it will work.

Anybody know why it stays in the email setup page and the go-to button isn't there?
    05-07-09 04:16 AM
    A wise man once said "when in doubt, pull it out" ...the battery that is
    Bwahahahaha! Good one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 04:33 AM
    Well somehow I got unstuck but I'm now stuck again exactly as before. Damned If I know what I did to get my Curve running again. All I do know is removing the battery was not the solution.

In my menu I have neither "go to" or "close." Any other ideas?
    05-09-09 06:10 PM
    Nevermind. A battery pull did work this time.
    05-09-09 06:33 PM
    My guess the go-to button isn't there is because of security. While you're in the BIS settings, they don't want you to go away from the super-secure link.

The reason that hitting the "end call" red button doesn't reset the browser is because you're not properly shutting down the browser. It's saving it for next time. Since that includes the e-mail setup page, that's what you get the 2nd time. You need to hit Menu (the Blackberry symbol button) and go down to "Close" to get out of that. The next time you open it, you will see the home screen.
    05-09-09 08:43 PM
    After two weeks of problem free use of my Curve 8330, I'm back with the same problem. Several battery pulls have done nothing.

So again, I have neither "go to" NOR "close" in my menu so remain stuck on the Services/Settings screen.

Dammit.
    05-25-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD