Well my replacement curve has been randomly turning itself off all day after having it for one week. I thought it was a memory card issue. I reformatted that and haven't even put anything on it and I still have the issue. I wiped the handheld, still had the issue. I downgraded to .127. Still had the issue. I upgraded to .138...can you guess where this is going? I still have this issue. On top of it, I am trying to restore all the data I backed up before the wipe and the restore option continually loses connection because this curve was made by Lucifer himself. None of my other curves have had this issue and I am lost. Anyone in crackberry world have an issue. I would like to fix this and no, I don't have insurance and I do not want to replace this curve again. I would have to wait over a week before I could do so. I need a fix for tonight <--wow, it really sounds like I am on the crackberry bad, lol! Thank you for any help you can provide!
    06-30-09 09:05 PM
    I know you don't want to but the only option I see is returning it for another one.
    06-30-09 09:19 PM
    Yes, why suffer with this Curve from h3ll?

Take it back for another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 09:21 PM
    You shouldn't have to use Insurance, sounds like a warrenty issue, unless the battery or battery contacts in the phone have gotten wet
    06-30-09 09:37 PM
    On top of it, I am trying to restore all the data I backed up before the wipe and the restore option continually loses connection because this curve was made by Lucifer himself.

I know you find absolutely ZERO humor in the situation but that was just funny.

Unfortunately, it seems fairly evident that the problem is hardware related which ties everyone's hands not the least of which are your own. Sorry about the bad luck man. I haven't dealt with USCell for years but are there ANY odds that a really supportive rep could get corporate on the phone and ok a new device tradeout for multiple troubles like this? I'm lucky in that my Verizon store keep refurbs in stock for such occasions but I don't know how other carriers work.
    06-30-09 09:38 PM
    One of my really good friends is a USCC rep, so when he gets back from vacation we will get it dealt with, if it is still an issue. I went one more round with Satan's spawn(and yes, I totally see the humor now, lol) and maybe, just maybe, miraculously fixed the issue. Only time will tell. Whatever the case may be, I greatly appreciate the comments and suggestions
    07-01-09 12:52 AM
    I have to agree with everyone else unless for some reason the battery itself is bad and is shorting out the phonebut either way I would get a replacement phone and if it continues look towards a new battery.
    07-01-09 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD