I am have the worse time trying to put music on my phone. I have tried the media sync and everything but nothing is working. please help
    04-29-09 10:06 AM
    Are you dragging the music and dropping it into the music folder during sync???
    04-29-09 10:14 AM
    I just plug in the usb cord and use windows explorer to drag it into the music folder. Media sync just takes more time. When you have your blackberry plugged into the usb choose mass storage mode and an e or f drive should pop up allowing you to move anything you want to your blackberry.
    04-29-09 10:33 AM
    I just plug in the usb cord and use windows explorer to drag it into the music folder. Media sync just takes more time. When you have your blackberry plugged into the usb choose mass storage mode and an e or f drive should pop up allowing you to move anything you want to your blackberry.
    I use mass storage drag and drop like ndlquack mentioned. Media Sync takes too long to boot on my system and is a pita anyway. Drag and drop is real easy.

J
    04-29-09 10:59 AM
    thank you i will try that, so I just make sure that mass storage is on
    04-29-09 11:02 AM
    Just be aware that songs with DRMs will not play on your BlackBerry. Make sure that the songs are unprotected.
    04-29-09 11:02 AM
    I gotta agree with the others, I don't even use Media Sync, I've only used drag & drop, had no problems with music or ringtones at all. Maybe Motorcycle Mama is right, are the songs protected some how?
    04-29-09 06:05 PM
    Yep... never have used media sync. Too cumbersome.
    04-29-09 10:00 PM
    Just be aware that songs with DRMs will not play on your BlackBerry. Make sure that the songs are unprotected.
    I am not so sure. All of my iTunes songs play like normal on my BB. And no, I am not purchasing them with iTunes Plus. Just the regular old iTunes music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:40 PM
    Songs purchased from iTunes after January 6, 2009 do not have DRMs.
    04-30-09 06:18 AM
    Drag and drop rocks! I have to use my wife's computer to even get media sync to load properly...
    04-30-09 06:21 AM
    Yep it's just soo much easier to enable mass storage mode and use the berry as a removable drive.
    04-30-09 06:49 AM
    i just select the music that i want when my bb is hooked up to my mac and drag it into my bb.
    04-30-09 07:38 AM
    Enable it as mass storage..the best and easiest.

04-30-09 08:10 AM
    I am not so sure. All of my iTunes songs play like normal on my BB. And no, I am not purchasing them with iTunes Plus. Just the regular old iTunes music.

Then they weren't itunes store purchases. Only iPod/iPhone/Apple TV/iTunes have the crypto requirements to decrypt old DRMed iTunes purchases.
    04-30-09 08:42 AM
    I have been SOMEWHAT successful with Media Sync, except that dragging and dropping through that results in the music showing up in all different places in the Music app.,some into subfolders, some into playlist, some ??? Then when I try to move it I end up with 4 of every song in ALL SONGS> Should I just start over with Explorer method? How would I "erase" what is there now?
    And can I set up Playlists with the Explorer method? I have a group of songs in a certain order that I run with on the treadmill and I can't click in and out after each song!!
    Thanks
    05-01-09 11:21 AM
    Media Sync is a royal pain in the you know what. And as far as the DRM's go, I was able to drop them into my media folder from my laptop, and pull them out at work on my PC.
    05-01-09 12:38 PM
    I have been SOMEWHAT successful with Media Sync, except that dragging and dropping through that results in the music showing up in all different places in the Music app.,some into subfolders, some into playlist, some ??? Then when I try to move it I end up with 4 of every song in ALL SONGS> Should I just start over with Explorer method? How would I "erase" what is there now?
    And can I set up Playlists with the Explorer method? I have a group of songs in a certain order that I run with on the treadmill and I can't click in and out after each song!!
    Thanks
    As long as you are using a micro sd card then drag and drop. As for songs that are on there you can kust plug in the phone, go to my comptuer and get into your phone. They are most likely in the music folder in blackberry. You can select what you want and delete them or move them etc. Drag and drop for anything is the way to go. We do it for ring tone, movies, songs etc

05-01-09 12:52 PM
    Then they weren't itunes store purchases. Only iPod/iPhone/Apple TV/iTunes have the crypto requirements to decrypt old DRMed iTunes purchases.
    I bought them from the iTunes store, I promise. They all work on my phone, but I only paid 99 cents for each of them which means that they all still have DRM. I don't know why these iTunes songs work on my phone, but they do. I am playing one right now.

05-01-09 07:20 PM
    Again, songs purchased from iTunes after January 6, 2009 are DRM Free. Whether you paid .69, .99, or 1.29.

Songs from iTunes that are protected will be file format .M4P and will not play on the BlackBerry.

Songs from iTunes that are not protected will be file format .M4A and WILL play on the BlackBerry.
    05-01-09 07:29 PM
    As long as you are using a micro sd card then drag and drop. As for songs that are on there you can kust plug in the phone, go to my comptuer and get into your phone. They are most likely in the music folder in blackberry. You can select what you want and delete them or move them etc. Drag and drop for anything is the way to go. We do it for ring tone, movies, songs etc

MANY THANX
    05-02-09 09:07 AM
    just drag and drop them into ur music folders....
    05-02-09 01:04 PM
    so all this makes sense, but I don't have any folders on the media card. if I plug the phone (9530) into the computer I just see device memory and media card, and nothing showing under media card. I have photos, ringtones, that show the location as the media card, but I'm not seeing folders or files for them on the card
    05-02-09 04:50 PM
    ok, don't know what changed, but plugging it in again worked.
    05-02-09 04:54 PM
    You can always make a folder on the card for music or other stuff and the blackberry should read it...
    05-02-09 05:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD