I finally decided to upgrade to .46 but whenever it starts the process of installing the 4.5 on my phone it says a fatal error was found or something...

i deleted the vendor .xml file....what do i do now???
    07-02-08 12:37 AM
    I finally decided to upgrade to .46 but whenever it starts the process of installing the 4.5 on my phone it says a fatal error was found or something...

i deleted the vendor .xml file....what do i do now???
    What is it doing right now?
    07-02-08 12:42 AM
    nothing...just says fatal error and it gets disconnected...i see you have the same os that i want...can u help me?
    07-02-08 12:44 AM
    First try uninstalling the OS from your computer, reboot the machine, reinstall the OS, and try again.
    07-02-08 12:49 AM
    I would do as Kronk stated. I did not have any issues installing. Also, what version of Desktop manager are you running? Are you running at least 4.3 DM?
    07-02-08 12:51 AM
    im running 4.5...ok so ill try to uninstall it then reinstall it....hopefully that will work for me
    07-02-08 12:53 AM
    im running 4.5...ok so ill try to uninstall it then reinstall it....hopefully that will work for me
    sounds like you're leaving your memory card in the device when you try to upgrade. take it out, do the upgrade, then format the card on your computer before sticking it back in the device after the OS upgrade.
    Last edited by oakie; 07-02-08 at 01:31 AM.
    07-02-08 01:27 AM
    sounds like you're leaving your memory card in the device when you try to upgrade. take it out, do the upgrade, then format the card on your computer before sticking it back in the device after the OS upgrade.
    I've always left my card in during the 5 or 6 OS changes I've done and have never had a problem. Has there been issues with this?
    07-02-08 08:06 AM
    Same here I've always left my card in No issues.
    07-02-08 08:10 AM
    That is not the issue at hand here... there should be no problem with him leaving his microSD card in the device.

I ran into something like this at one point and it has nothing to do with the Desktop Manager, OS loaded on the PC, vendor.xml... anything along those lines.

The steps I took to get my Berry past this error are as follows :

1) Backup your Berry using DesktopManager
    2) Download and install the desired BB OS to your PC
    3) Delete the vendor.xml (make any memory optimization / other mods to your OS build)
    4) Wipe your BlackBerry!! And Reset!
    5) Plug your Berry in to your PC, open DM, install the OS
    6) Restore your Berry from the backup file in Step 1

Good luck, lemme know how it works
    07-02-08 08:21 AM
    and how do i wipe my bb????
    im still new at this...meaning i've never used an os beta in my phone...
    07-02-08 11:01 AM
    That is not the issue at hand here... there should be no problem with him leaving his microSD card in the device.

I ran into something like this at one point and it has nothing to do with the Desktop Manager, OS loaded on the PC, vendor.xml... anything along those lines.

The steps I took to get my Berry past this error are as follows :

1) Backup your Berry using DesktopManager
    2) Download and install the desired BB OS to your PC
    3) Delete the vendor.xml (make any memory optimization / other mods to your OS build)
    4) Wipe your BlackBerry!! And Reset!
    5) Plug your Berry in to your PC, open DM, install the OS
    6) Restore your Berry from the backup file in Step 1

Good luck, lemme know how it works

nevermind..i found how to wipe it....ay hopefully im doing the right thing
    07-02-08 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD