Does memory leaks also cause battery drainage?
    If the "Memory Leak" is due to a program running that is also logged onto the internet, which in turns forces the BB to constantly look for a connection, even when it's in you pocket, than yes, a "memory leak" can indirectly cause battery drain. Just as being in a weak or no signal area will cause battery drain. Same for leaving Wifi and Bluetooth on when not needed for long periods of time.

If a program is constantly downloading info, messages, pictures, and data into it's cache, while it's connected, that data takes up memory and take a healthy amount of memory down to nothing pretty quickly, especially when it becomes an unconscious habit of not closing programs and turning off connections you don't need. And of course most people do not notice anything until either their BB gets sluggish, or messages and call logs start getting deleted.

Just as being in a weak or no signal area will cause battery drain. Same for leaving Wifi and Bluetooth on when not needed for long periods of time.
    11-13-08 01:42 PM
    Makes sense because sometimes by curve could last 2 days without charging and sometimes just one day. By one day I mean it's around 50% so I would have to charge it again to make it the next day.
    11-13-08 02:59 PM
    I dont think its just facebook. I been monitoring this for some time now and I think the problem is with things that are signed on continuously... like messengers, facebook, viigo, myspace (now), etc...

I rebooted it last night and started out with 27mb, but now that I'm signed on to all the messengers and now the new myspace app, my memory dropped down to 15mb and I'm getting the continuous hourglass now.
    Remember that while you're using your berry, it is not unusual for up to 10 mb to be tied up doing that. Varying amounts will be returned as your device needs it and gb releases it. This is normal and nothing to be worried about. If you have 27 mb after a hard reset and log/cache clearing then your device hovering around 15 while you're using it is normal and nothing to be worried about. Do a search and a little reading about the subject and you will see you are fine. It is probably something other than memory if your device is running slow and you have 15 mb of file free space.
    11-13-08 03:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD