I have a vzw curve 8330 and I am not receivring HTML in my emails

I (obviously) have "Enable HTML in email" checked and it does now show up like it should, it does not display the html it simple just shows the html code

I tried resending service books but that did not help

Using OS 4.5.0.77

Any help is appreciated...thank you in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT Solved on 1/11/09. See my post a few posts down for how I did it
    Last edited by Kiggold; 01-12-09 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Solved
    01-06-09 11:48 PM
    Try messages>options>email settings>enable html on email account(s)?
    01-07-09 03:10 AM
    Umm, not to be rude but if you read my orignal post i already enabled HTML email on the accounts
    01-07-09 02:09 PM
    All old emails in your box will not show up as html, applies to all incoming, but you still have to menu key *get images* for them, security feature, unless the images are inbedded in the email already.
    01-07-09 02:16 PM
    I dont even see the images, i just see the raw html code...for instance instead of seeing the image (or the placeholder for an image) i see
    Code:
    <http://www.cafepress.com/content/newsletter/img/012009_ShopTalk_b_03.gif>
    I just see the raw html code
    01-08-09 10:54 PM
    So, you have gone into the menu section of the BB and requested the images, and still nothing no?
    01-08-09 10:59 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu>register now. See if that works...
    01-08-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I reregestered my device like you said and resent service books but still no dice

01-09-09 12:55 PM
    In Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, select the desired Service Book, press Menu, and select Delete. After you pull your battery and reboot, go back to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, press Menu and Select Undelete. That will update and restore your Service Book.
    01-09-09 12:58 PM
    Fixed :-)

Thanks everyone who helped me, I took a bit of everything and got it working. Heres what I did:

1. Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books --> Selected all of my email books (there was 2 for each account) and deleted them
    2. Turned off phone and pulled battery
    3. Logged into my BIS site for vzw (BlackBerry Internet Service) and deleted all of my email accounts
    4. Recreated all my email accounts
    5. Resent service books
    6. Turned phone back on
    7. Email accounts were back and it worked :-)
    01-12-09 12:47 AM
    I'm sure this post will help countless numbers of people fix similar problems =-)
    01-12-09 12:53 AM
    Often just deleting your service books and sending new will do the trick, if just sending service books doesn't turn it on. Sorry you had to do so much work.

01-12-09 03:29 AM
    I used the Empower HTML email viewer when we had no HTML in the OS 4.1 days and it worked well.

I found that it improved the display even when running OS 4.5 on my 8310. You can download a trial of this $29.99 software at Empower BlackBerry HTML Email Viewer or http://ota.getempower.com on your phone.

Be warned that even with this product, display is still not perfect.
    01-12-09 03:45 AM
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

I have been searching these boards since yesterday for an answer to this! I just purchased a brand new curve 8330 from VZW (running 4.5.0.77) and couldn't figure out why the heck I couldn't view html email (when I was able to on my old pearl).

and yes, I resent service books, did a battery pull, sent more service books, lol!

I sent myself a test email after doing all of this.. and lo and behold.. YAY!

thanks again, Kiggold!
    03-15-09 12:19 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu>register now. See if that works...
    This fixed my problem! Thanks!
    03-15-09 02:53 PM
    I have had this issue repeatedly on my curve.
    Verizon also had me enable a setting in my browser and that did the trick. I can't remember what it was.
    Great help this post is huh?
    06-09-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD