I know there are a lot of threads on HTML email, but I haven't found an answer on this yet or maybe I am just missing it. I did a backup this morning, downloaded new 4.5.0.110 OS and then restored. Went into BIS and resent service books and for the most part everything seems to be working okay other than I am having to reload 3rd party apps. My question is even though email settings are set to HTML enabled and download images automatically, I still have to hit menu/get images on all of my emails. Is this normal or did I forget a setting somewhere? Thanks.
    12-13-08 02:46 PM
    Thats normal, its a security thing
    12-13-08 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the prompt reply Rachel.
    12-13-08 02:52 PM
    The e-mails you get from that person from now on, you won't have to click get images...
    12-13-08 02:52 PM
    Again, thanks for the info.
    12-13-08 02:59 PM
    Hi.. I also just upgraded to 4.5.0.110 and resend service book, got activated for all my emails, set HTML on and automatic but when I open an html email (new one) there is no graphic and only links and in option I don't have "Get Image" but instead get plain text ???

Am I missing something? kindly help..
    12-14-08 10:00 AM
    Try this

In Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, select the desired Service Book, press Menu, and select Delete. After you pull your battery and reboot, go back to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, press Menu and Select Undelete. That will update and restore your Service Book.
    12-14-08 10:06 AM
    ill try this too
    12-14-08 10:56 AM
    Rachel.. I did that (as Jeff wrote) but what happened after doing that I lost all my emails accounts in my bb including the service book. I had to go to my BIS account and resend my service book from there and in less then 5 seconds activation notices for all my emails are in and I got my emails account back. But still no html emails... hhmmm???
    12-14-08 11:02 AM
    Did you register the device on the netowkr?

Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register?
    12-14-08 11:03 AM
    Yes I did, re-register host routing table. It just shows the link not the graphics and what bothers me in menu it doesn't have get images but get plain text as if I got a picture..
    12-14-08 11:21 AM
    Yeaaa... it works second time around (delete/pull out bat/undelete)..
    thanks Rachel (and Jeff).. just curious, why is it has to be twice?
    12-14-08 11:28 AM
    Not really sure, some people need to resend the service books a few times to get HTML e-mail. Whenever i update, i resend my service books 3 times...
    12-14-08 11:32 AM
    oh ok.. thanks. Now I'm all set with 4.5.0.110 all is working fine and now trying to see if it still have memory leak and battery drain..
    12-14-08 11:35 AM
    Remember to always close out your apps when done with them by hitting menu>close...
    12-14-08 11:37 AM
    Thanks again I'll do that. Next is to try using CrackMem to delete PTT and AT&T theme..
    12-14-08 11:39 AM
    It is wierd, I have always only had to send service books one time to turn on HTML - and I have upgraded multiple times. I have not upgraded to .110 as everything is running very smooth with the official TMo .81 - that's after a downgrade from the .102. I am curious as to how many have had to reinstall 3rd party apps, and how many did it from their 3rd party app backup. Also, how many used crackmem to upgrade?

I know Rach and SD have their browser settings right, but how many have the following setup for their browsers?

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD