BB 8320 on Tmobile. I just upgraded to 4.5

It doesn't show as HTML for me for my google or yahoo account.

Can't seem to find a setting to change it over.
    10-23-08 01:33 PM
    Once you have the email up, hit the menu key, and Get Images

You have to do that each time, its a secuirty thing...
    10-23-08 01:35 PM
    resend your service books login to my tmobile.com and look on the bottom left for blackberry internet email options and you will see the option to resend the books
    10-23-08 01:35 PM
    Definately try resending service books. From your message icon press menu>options>email seetings. From here make sure HTML is enabled. Also be aware that only new emails will be in the correct format, all old emails will remain in their original format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 01:39 PM
    Is it true that you only have to do this once per email address received from?

For instance if I get an email from [email protected], click 'Get Images'...From that point on any emails from [email protected] will automatically load the images in the message?
    10-23-08 01:42 PM
    Womp I have heard others say this is correct, however for me I have to select "get images" each time.

10-23-08 01:45 PM
    I also have to get images each time..
    10-23-08 01:48 PM
    Personally I prefer it that way anyways. Increases the battery life in general and decreases how much has to be downloaded for most emails.
    10-23-08 01:50 PM
    I only have to get images sometimes. I think it remembers where i get emails from . :/
    10-23-08 01:52 PM
    Unfortunately i have to do the "get images" but luckily most of my emails are from work and do not contain images unless they are errors then I see images. So i believe it is based if you have a corporate email or regular email. Corporate sends images automatically for me. Has anyone else seen this yet?
    10-23-08 01:56 PM
    From the Blackberry website:

Note: For security reasons, externally linked images must be manually downloaded.

BlackBerry Search Results

You have to hit get image for every email
    10-23-08 03:33 PM
    From the Blackberry website:

Note: For security reasons, externally linked images must be manually downloaded.

BlackBerry Search Results

You have to hit get image for every email
    Right, sure...But once you've "OK'd" an address by downloading once was what I was wondering...I swear I've had some instances where HTML appears before I've touched 'Get Images'. For instance I am on Barnes & Noble's mailing list and earlier I had images already loaded up when I opened it. Maybe it is a technicality.

No big deal, just something I noticed.
    10-25-08 10:08 AM
    go to email set up - click delete - confirm - re set up - go to an html email - open menu - click get images - BAM HTML emails
    10-25-08 11:55 AM
    Mine randomly downloads images without asking....and yes I prefer that.

10-25-08 01:06 PM
    I just upgraded to 4.5, re-sent my service books, enabled HTML emails and automatically download images but I don't have the "Get images" option in the BB menu when I receive an HTML email.

Only options I have is Get Plain Text and Get HTML but neither option displays the email in HTML format.

Help?
    10-25-08 01:31 PM
    Are you hitting the menu after you open the email?
    10-25-08 02:54 PM
    resend your service books login to my tmobile.com and look on the bottom left for blackberry internet email options and you will see the option to resend the books
    Just did that and it works now! Thanks!!!
    10-25-08 11:23 PM
    Okay, I am sitting in the same boat. I used to have OS 4.5.55 or what ever the previous newest greatest thing was. Then I bumped up tp the new 4.5.0.77. I cannot open HTML at all. It says the object cannot be opened by my phone. If I select "download image" I am forced to save to the phone. I do not have a "get image" link I do how ever have a "open attachment" that then tells me that it cannot be viewed on my device. I did all of the above mentioned threads and still no go. Any help would be appreciated.I am burned out on trying to update this BB to get what all other BB can get. Everything I try to do I have to download to the memory. No Youtube, No HTML, No Moodio ect. These are the reasons I switched to a BB. Sorry to rant but I an getting frustrated with my phone and have yet to get an answer here on any of my other posts.
    10-25-08 11:49 PM
    Correction I am using OS 4.5.0.81
    10-26-08 12:05 AM
    go to email set up - click delete - confirm - re set up - go to an html email - open menu - click get images - BAM HTML emails
    Be careful though! I had to delete and recreate my main blackberry email account to get this to work as well. However, when I initially went to recreate my account it said that my old user name was in use!

Now I'm not sure if it was because some time had passed, but I was only able to get my old email back when I entered in my original password when recreating my blackberry email account.

Actually the whole process went like this:
    1. deleted email account "A" ("A" being my original account)
    2. recreated A
    3. email setup site said "A is already in use, try A1, A2, or A3"
    4. I accepted A1
    5. deleted A1
    6. tried recreating A again with original password for A
    7. success!! <<phewf!!!">

Now I'm not sure whether it was the use of the original password that allowed me to get "A" again, or that some time had passed that made A available again, or the system released "A" only after it saw my user account had a new email ("A1")...

Anyhow, I got "A" back and now the html emails work.

NOTE: There was _no_ "Enable HTML Email" in Messages > Options > Email Settings menu _until_ I deleted and recreated my email account. I think that this fact has been the source of a lot of confusion (it was for me).

Cheers!
    11-16-08 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD