I installed OS 4.5 on my 8320 and set email to automatically get images, but it never does. In the message it shows an image icon, and I have to select get images from the menu. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 01:02 PM
    you have to select "get images" every time you open a message
    08-04-08 01:03 PM
    So the download image automatically selection doesn't really do anything.
    08-04-08 04:33 PM
    So the download image automatically selection doesn't really do anything.
    it does for exchange emails for people on a BES. but for BIS, it interrupts you for security reasons.
    08-04-08 04:35 PM
    Did you re-send your service books after you upgraded to v4.5? You need to do this to take advantage of HTML on e-mail...
    08-04-08 04:36 PM
    Did you re-send your service books after you upgraded to v4.5? You need to do this to take advantage of HTML on e-mail...
    did you read the OP's post? if you had, you'd see that he has no problem getting images, he just has to open the menu and choose "get images" in every email.
    08-04-08 04:41 PM
    Yes, many times for a variety of reasons. As Oakie indicated, its a BES/BIS issue. All my emails are BIS.
    08-04-08 05:18 PM
    I just upgraded to v4.5...66 and resent my service books. How long does it take for the html image option to show up? I am BIS, and can't seem to get anything but the links...
    08-04-08 05:28 PM
    I just upgraded to v4.5...66 and resent my service books. How long does it take for the html image option to show up? I am BIS, and can't seem to get anything but the links...
    messages > menu > options > email settings > Enable HTML Email to "Yes"
    08-04-08 05:31 PM
    Already set to that. Went in, disabled and re-abled. Now waiting on new email to see if it works.
    08-04-08 05:53 PM
    Ok, so I have a problem w/ HTML and didn't want to start a completely new thread. So I put 4.5 on my phone, resent service books several times and have it sent to YES for HTML emails in my messages setting but still am not getting the pics. The emails are in HTML format just the pics don't show up. When I select get images it does some work then the email shows us a upopened (not new) and I go to open it and still no pics. Any help?
    08-04-08 05:54 PM
    Ok, so I have a problem w/ HTML and didn't want to start a completely new thread. So I put 4.5 on my phone, resent service books several times and have it sent to YES for HTML emails in my messages setting but still am not getting the pics. The emails are in HTML format just the pics don't show up. When I select get images it does some work then the email shows us a upopened (not new) and I go to open it and still no pics. Any help?
    did you not even read the first four posts in the thread?
    08-04-08 06:19 PM
    lol ya the answers have already been posted bro..
    08-04-08 07:34 PM
    Most of the pictures are now showing up in my html email. Thanks!
    08-04-08 09:19 PM
    Actually I did read them all thanks for asking. I didn't want to start another generic "HTML images" thread so figured while on the topic here might as well ask. I've done all the suggestions in this thread to get my pics to show up (4.5 on phone, set YES to HTML, set to auto even tho it's posted that it does nothing for BIS, resent service books several times, on many emails have told to get images) and still no pics. Like I said in my post the emails are now in HTML format (image boxes insead of web addresses) but no pics, NONE.

lol ya the answers have already been posted bro..
    Yea there are answers but no solutions to my specific problem. Thanks.
    Last edited by kmeyers02; 08-05-08 at 11:19 AM.
    08-05-08 11:16 AM
    Actually I did read them all thanks for asking. I didn't want to start another generic "HTML images" thread so figured while on the topic here might as well ask. I've done all the suggestions in this thread to get my pics to show up (4.5 on phone, set YES to HTML, set to auto even tho it's posted that it does nothing for BIS, resent service books several times, on many emails have told to get images) and still no pics. Like I said in my post the emails are now in HTML format (image boxes insead of web addresses) but no pics, NONE.

Yea there are answers but no solutions to my specific problem. Thanks.
    I have the same issue. it load a html email but no images...even if i do download images, it doesnt work.
    08-11-08 08:06 PM
    I feel you guys! People around here think that because they post answers, it's the answer that solves YOUR problem. I've been having the same issue. Have done everything everyone has said and ALL my images appear as links.

I used to have an option in the menu, "get images" but its not there any more since 4.5.0.66 and Empower doesnt work any more either.
    08-11-08 08:11 PM
    I feel you guys! People around here think that because they post answers, it's the answer that solves YOUR problem. I've been having the same issue. Have done everything everyone has said and ALL my images appear as links.

I used to have an option in the menu, "get images" but its not there any more since 4.5.0.66 and Empower doesnt work any more either.
    did it ever work with you with previous OS? I have tmobile and they should be coming out with office update,,maybe it'll be solved when it launches...Or maybe it requires a service book that we havent got our hands on it yet..
    08-11-08 10:47 PM
    did you read the OP's post? if you had, you'd see that he has no problem getting images, he just has to open the menu and choose "get images" in every email.
    Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-11-08 10:48 PM
    Great Caesar's ghost....pull the cork out of your ****, dude!
    08-11-08 10:52 PM

I have the same problem....I just choose to get the images if I want them because they say it's a security thing. IMO...it saves time if I dont need the images.

Maybe they'll change it at some point...until then...I really don't understand the hostility some people have in reading/responding to people's posts....for crying out loud...don't read them or ignore them if you're so bothered by the fact that they exist.

Cripes.
    08-11-08 10:54 PM
    every question in this thread has been answered at least once in this thread.

the last 4 or 5 posts are just idiotic. hey democrats, get iphones.
    08-11-08 11:29 PM
    did it ever work with you with previous OS? I have tmobile and they should be coming out with office update,,maybe it'll be solved when it launches...Or maybe it requires a service book that we havent got our hands on it yet..
    No, with the previous OS, I needed to use Empower or BBSmart. I choose Empower because of its speed. Once I moved up to 4.5, Empower stopped working all together and all the things suggested throughout this thread had been long done.

Chris, did it ever dawn on you, even for a second, that the answered provided to these questions have not done sh*t!! So you blow in here, spout that nonsense, and for what? If people werent having issues even after having done ALL thats been mentioned, they wouldnt be in here looking for help.

08-12-08 04:17 AM
    I have the same problem....I just choose to get the images if I want them because they say it's a security thing. IMO...it saves time if I dont need the images.

Maybe they'll change it at some point...until then...I really don't understand the hostility some people have in reading/responding to people's posts....for crying out loud...don't read them or ignore them if you're so bothered by the fact that they exist.

Cripes.
    Some people just HAVE to throw in their $0.02 whether it helps the situation or not. I cant believe not one person that has posted that "it's already been answered" is so stuck on their own importance, that they just cant seem to get past the fact that although they believe they covered all the ground necessary, many of us STILL have the same problem even after having already done the things mentioned.

There really is no need to be hostile and no one is forced to post, but they do it anyway. The bottom line is that the problem still exist and no member seeking help should be made to feel like they are the dumbest human being on the planet because the so called answers are right here.

Obviously, these arent the answers that provide a fix!!
    08-12-08 04:23 AM

Seriously, You need to shut up and stop being a ignorant person!

If you dont want to help, dont talk!
    Also, there is no need to involve politics and no need for name calling!
    If you can keep your politics in your own family, Crackberry will be little bit happier.

thank you.
    Last edited by megaman81; 08-12-08 at 05:13 AM. Reason: removed curse words out... :)
    08-12-08 04:40 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD