i upgraded to 4.5.0.110 yesterday and i heard it had html email but my phone dosnt have any settings or options for it and im not getting it my only email options are confirm delivery, confirm read, send read receipts

forgot to add its an 8310 AT&T
    Last edited by rtyauch301; 12-17-08 at 10:57 AM. Reason: for got stuff
    12-17-08 10:54 AM
    Go into one of the Email accounts then Options > Email Settings there should be an Enable HTML Email option. If not resend your service books.
    12-17-08 10:56 AM
    Go to your messages and hit the Blackberry button.
    Then options > email settings and change enable Html email to Yes and download images automatically to yes.

Note: This will only effect new email.
    12-17-08 10:58 AM
    dont wanna sound dumb but how do i do that
    12-17-08 10:59 AM
    never mind figured it out resending the service books fixed it thanks
    12-17-08 11:05 AM
    um mine doesnt have anything called enable HTML email in my email settings....
    12-18-08 09:12 PM
    um mine doesnt have anything called enable HTML email in my email settings....
    Messages folder > menu > options > email settings
    This of course assumes you have OS 4.5
    12-18-08 09:21 PM
    i do have 4.5 and it's not there.

Messages folder (i even separated email from sms to be sure)
    Menu
    Options
    Email settings

all that's there is:
    Message Services (and my 3 emails are in drop down)
    Confirm Delivery
    Confirm Read
    Send Read Receipts
    12-18-08 09:29 PM
    I having the same problem. I have 4.5 and I have set yes for both options but my emails just come up as a bunch of boxes. Anyone know what could cause this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:40 PM
    i dont even get boxes... i get links to images only
    12-18-08 10:30 PM
    Resend your service books. You may have to do it a couple of times.
    12-18-08 10:33 PM
    what's a service book?

I install plenty from DM so everything gets updated often and it's ALWAYS been this way. So if these service books u mention get updated with that, then if the option wasnt there since the day i got the phone, with ALL the updating i do, it doesnt exist at all.

so im confused
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 12-19-08 at 07:38 AM.
    12-19-08 07:35 AM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

12-19-08 07:58 AM
    Mystic, service books tell your device what options you're supposed to have on it. They are sent to your berry by your provider. Here's what BlackBerry has to say about them:
    question:*"what are service books"answer: � About service booksService books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry� device. If your device is integrated with an account that uses the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your system administrator can send service books to your device that determine whether features such as remote address lookup and wireless calendar synchronization are available. Service books arrive on your device either over the wireless network from your wireless service provider or system administrator or through the BlackBerry Desktop Software when you connect your device to your computer.

12-19-08 08:04 AM
    ok thank you bunches!!!

BTW i found an article about this and it says the curve cannot get html email without software for it:

the BlackBerry Curve 8330 only shows unsightly links and broken pages when displaying emails with HTML without third party software like BBSmart or Empower solutions.

Then later on in article:
    Con: Can�t display HTML email out of the box. Battery isn�t set adequate for heavy streaming multimedia use.

So am i chasing ghosts?
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 12-19-08 at 08:11 AM.
    12-19-08 08:05 AM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.
    When you click the e-mail setup icon it might first ask you to log in before you can get to the service books option. Just use your BIS user id and password (the one you used when you set up your e-mail).
    12-19-08 08:06 AM
    Mystic, remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and re-insert. See if ya got it...
    12-19-08 08:08 AM
    omg i'd NEVER remove the batt with the phone on---unless it crashed.

I've had the phone 3 months and the battery has been pulled SAFELY and it's not there.....
    12-19-08 08:17 AM
    The reason i told you that is i am running into people here that have the same issue as you. They are re-sending service books, enable HTML is set, re-registered device and nothing. Those who i told to do a battery pull afterward now have it, so you do what ya want...
    12-19-08 08:20 AM
    Mystic, service books tell your device what options you're supposed to have on it. They are sent to your berry by your provider. Here's what BlackBerry has to say about them:
    question:*"what are service books"answer: � About service booksService books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry� device. If your device is integrated with an account that uses the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your system administrator can send service books to your device that determine whether features such as remote address lookup and wireless calendar synchronization are available. Service books arrive on your device either over the wireless network from your wireless service provider or system administrator or through the BlackBerry Desktop Software when you connect your device to your computer.

Thank you for the explanation! (i figured i didnt know anything about my bb yet LOL)
    12-19-08 08:20 AM

trying now
    12-19-08 08:28 AM
    Haha, don't worry about it, . There is a lot to learn. BTW, you are not chasing a ghost. The OS upgrade to any 4.5 will enable Html email. Usually you only need to send service books to turn it on. It will only affect new email. If you don't have that little envelope with a gear in front of it with the service book option, log onto your provider's website where you manage your account. A send service book option will be there.

If you run into lots of problems or need help, go ahead and add me to your bbm list and I'll help you.
    Mike
    pin:207e0dd9

12-19-08 08:30 AM
    Wow SevereDeceit no need to be nasty...

a battery pull with a live phone is bad for it.

When you click the e-mail setup icon it might first ask you to log in before you can get to the service books option. Just use your BIS user id and password (the one you used when you set up your e-mail).
    IT WORKED!!!! Not only are the "get images" link there in options, but in Mail options/email settings, the "enable HTML email" link is there!

thanks BUNCHES!
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 12-19-08 at 08:33 AM.
    12-19-08 08:31 AM
    Thanks tons Mike! I'll go ahead and add u to bbm...
    12-19-08 08:34 AM
    Now that you've upgraded, you'll need to pay attention to your file free memory. Many develop a memory leak after one. It is very manageable and not something to worry about, except to manage. Here's a good thread to read and follow:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

About a battery pull, if you're uncomfortable pulling your battery, simply do a reset of your Curve. It is about as good as pulling your batt, :

Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

12-19-08 08:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD