When i'm trying to read my HTML e-mail messages i get the squares with no pics, i hit the menu button and press Get Images, and a message of "Downloading internet images can expose your address, Continue? Yes or No. Is this something that i should watch when i do it? Am i missing something?
    06-05-09 06:07 PM
    It's a security measure. If it's from a trusted site, or if you know who the Email is coming from you shouldn't have to worry. My GMail account on my PC does the same thing. It asks if I want to download images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 06:14 PM
    I seee, but is there a way to just have them come out with me going through the menu??
    06-05-09 06:21 PM
    Only if the picture is embedded will it download for you

06-05-09 06:57 PM
    I think I remember seeing an app to fix this but I forgot the name. Its annoying tho!

06-05-09 07:05 PM
    You can try Empower HTML. There's another one, but I can't remember the name of it.

06-05-09 07:20 PM
    Nope, Empower does not change this behavior. In fact, the app is not allowed to touch an email with linked images - RIM reserves that right for its OS alone. Empower can only read messages without linked or embedded images.

06-05-09 07:28 PM
    Ok, thanks, but now how can i at least get my girlfriends phone to show HTML like mine, her e-mails come in with the links for the pics showing, but not with the picture boxes, i wasn't sure if i had did something to my phone to have the HTML boxes to show, all my options are the same on both phones, does that make sense what i'm asking????haha
    06-05-09 08:10 PM
    Be sure that the device has version 4.5 of the phone OS installed on it.

Re-register the Host Routing Table.

Re-send the Service Books.

Go to Messages, press Menu, select Options, select Email Settings.

For EACH email address, be sure that the setting for "Enable HTML Email" is set to "Yes".

Save your settings.
    06-05-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD