Any idea how to upgrade Empower to the latest version that supports
    os v. 4.5?

Thanks
    12-19-08 05:36 PM
    12-19-08 05:40 PM
    Thanks but I am trying to figure out how to upgrade standard version 2.3 to the latest standard version...
    12-19-08 06:20 PM
    point your Blackberry Browser to http://ota.getempower.com/ and click on the Std Edition link.

Best,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 12-21-08 at 02:26 AM. Reason: auto retrieve title of link
    12-21-08 02:25 AM
    I did like Empower previously to 4.5 but I do not need it anymore...
    12-21-08 02:29 AM
    Yeah, apparently the std version doesn't go above v. 4.2 but what really sucks imo is this crap about html emails not downloading images automatically in v. 4.5. What the heck is the point of html emails then?? It really pisses me off... i even downloaded the trial version of Empower Pro and its the same deal... pure bs... can't wait till I can upgrade to the iphone.
    12-21-08 09:20 AM
    It is a security feature from RIM...
    12-21-08 09:22 AM
    I had empower pre 4.5 and still gladly use it. The only issue I encounter is when I receive emails with attachments, they revert to the original BB text format. I have read on empower's website this is a known issue with some version 4.5 Op Systems.
    01-24-09 08:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you go to the Empower d/l site ^^ it will give you the latest version compatible with your OS. The deal with attachments in OS 4.5 is a legal one - RIM will not let Empower handle email with attachments and so it reverts to the RIM software. Other email is handled by the Empower app. I don't have a documented source handy for this but do have an email somewhere from Empower - does that count?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 09:17 PM
    Here is the Empower email I referenced above. It was dated Dec 9,2008:
    >
    There is a free upgrade available for Empower HTML Pro. The new version fixes an attachment issue with OS 4.5 and above. Basically, in some releases of OS 4.5 (for ex, v4.5.0.77 or v4.5.0.102) RIM has turned off access to some features that allowed 3rd party programs like Empower Pro to open attachments. This resulted in Menus not being displayed at all in emails with attachments. In case you are on such an OS, then please upgrade to the latest v3.0.80.7 of Empower Pro. For this, just point your BlackBerry Browser to http://www.ota.getempower.com and click on the Pro Edition link install the correct version of Empower Pro for emails with attachments. This version allows RIM native viewer to show emails with attachments and handles all other emails itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team Empower.
    bgetempower.com
    >

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 01-24-09 at 09:25 PM.
    01-24-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD