I have a 2gb media card.
    What can i do without the data plan?
    Last edited by ilyacella621; 05-27-08 at 12:49 AM.
    05-25-08 05:31 PM
    Without a data plan, you will have the Browser and a Wifi connection.

You will not be able to use BB Email or Messenger, or any third party software worth installing.

On the plus side, life is great with a Wifi Browser in your pocket.
    05-25-08 05:52 PM
    I'm still laughing at 'furry'.

Sorry, I've played Second Life too long.
    05-25-08 05:55 PM
    Get the data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 05:56 PM
    Get the data plan.

05-25-08 05:58 PM
    You really should get the data plan to get the most out of the phone. I didn't have the data plan and eventually had to get it.
    05-25-08 06:05 PM
    I keep thinking of the movie "road trip" where the guy is trying to feed the snake a mouse and he's screaming "UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!"

-db

But I also suggest you spring for the t-mobs data plan which (I believe) is the cheapest one out there...

05-25-08 06:13 PM
    Get the data plan.

Ill do that as soon as the whole me being broke thing goes away.
    But for now and the near future i cant..
    05-25-08 06:13 PM
    guys, thanks for the advice on getting the data plan but the whole point of me posting this is because i dont have the date plan..... i wanted to know what i can do without it...
    05-25-08 06:14 PM
    if u don't recieve/send emails a lot, then u don't really need the data plan. I'm just like u, 8320 w/o data plan. And I'm fine, because in today's world, you can find thousands of wifi login spot, school; work; home etc. A lot of them are free. Life's good ain't it?
    05-25-08 06:56 PM
    Get the data plan because the BB is all about the data.

05-25-08 07:58 PM
    if u don't recieve/send emails a lot, then u don't really need the data plan. I'm just like u, 8320 w/o data plan. And I'm fine, because in today's world, you can find thousands of wifi login spot, school; work; home etc. A lot of them are free. Life's good ain't it?
    thankyou thankyou thankyou! finnaly somebody understands that theres a way to have a 8320 and not have the data plan.
    listen people i dont have the data plan and im not getting it so dont tell me i need to get the data plan. im asking what i can do without it.
    I am downloading trekbuddy cuz i heard it can be used with wifi.
    And i do text alot are there anygood things for people who text alot? I already have jivetalk..
    05-25-08 08:03 PM
    You have a furry Curve? Is it black fur or white fur?

05-25-08 08:12 PM
    a bit of both actually*sarcasim
    05-25-08 08:14 PM
    I have to say it too...

The word u mean is FURY with one R, not two...no offense, it was just hard not to laugh and take the title seriously when you spelled it like that...twice!

But I hope you got a good answer. Take care!!

E

05-25-08 08:35 PM
    without the BB data it's just anther smart phone. There is no "fury"with out a data plan.
    05-25-08 08:39 PM
    guys, thanks for the advice on getting the data plan but the whole point of me posting this is because i dont have the date plan..... i wanted to know what i can do without it...
    virtually nothing.....get a data plan.
    05-25-08 08:41 PM
    Damnit if one more person tells me i need to get a data plan i will burn my house down and put a bullet in my head
    Last edited by ilyacella621; 05-26-08 at 12:12 PM.
    05-26-08 12:01 PM
    Damnit if one more person tells me i need to get a data plan i will burn my house down and go to the mall and go on a killing spree.
    Your crazy

No really, if you don't have a data plan try downloading some videos from videos4blackberry. You can download entire episodes of shows, or entire movies.

But as everyone else said, do yourself a favor and get the data plan. If I'm correct, won't you eat data using JiveTalk?

That's sooo lame that I can't post a URL because I don't have 10 posts.
    05-26-08 12:16 PM
    Unleash the fury Mitch!

05-26-08 12:32 PM
    Damnit if one more person tells me i need to get a data plan i will burn my house down and put a bullet in my head
    Please don't do either of those things but, you really do need a data plan. We only say this because it's true - you need it!

So how can i unleash the furry of my curve?
    I have a cat that's furry and from time to time, it becomes unleashed.

A great post and lots of laughs. Welcome to the furry Crackbery.
    05-26-08 12:44 PM
    haha

i am getting a curve tomorrow!!!!
    and ....i wont be getting the data plan
    its like 40 bucks i think
    and i wont be using e-mail and browsing the internet at places that doesnt have wifi
    im usually at school or at home, or at a friends house and all those places have wifi

so i wont be getting the data plan..
    and im wondering what fun apps and stuff i could use on my curve that doesnt require data...
    like i said, i cant get the data plan cause its too much per month...and i feel like i wouldnt be using data plan enough to make it worth the 40 bucks or however much it is
    05-26-08 12:49 PM
    I know you can't get data. But what people are trying to say is you need the data because most apps require it. As for wifi thats it you have wifi you can surf the net in your palm.
    05-26-08 12:50 PM
    alright thanks for all the usless advice people.
    Things you can do WITHOUT a data plan.
    1.trekbuddy
    2.jivetalk(has wifi enable)
    3.download games from mobilrated.com
    4.download songs.
    5.download movies.

These are the kinds of things i was asking about and not a single person posted a single one of those. I wanted to know if there was anything other than those things....
    brb, lacing my house with gasoline.
    05-26-08 01:10 PM
    You asked for advice, you got it. What was said was true, to enjoy the capabilities of the berry a data plan is the way to go.

Just a hint, saying "alright thanks for all the usless advice people." after asking for advice is not something that will make us want to help you in the future should your berry need it. Having a more polite response would be something you could look into.

Just saying.

ANd yes, you can do somethings WiFi on it, but there's not WiFi everywhere, so that would be where the data plan would be handy. That is what we were trying to tell you.
    05-26-08 01:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD