howdy,

I know that VZW has crippled the GPS on MY 8330 Curve, but..

I grabbed my Girlfriends Curve last night and tried it on hers, but I don't know how to turn it on? HER carrier is Cincinnati Bell Wireless (AT&T network?) and her model is 8310 (?). she has never tried to use that feature. has CBW crippled the GPS function as well? maybe I am just missing it. please help, I am dealing with two Curves on two different networks trying to get the most out of BOTH of them.

Hubb
    06-06-08 12:30 PM
    You are in luck I have CBW also if you goto options>advanced options>gps check the data source it should say device gps then click the menu button and refresh that should do it. another thing is to go to option>advanced options>TCP open that and under APN:wap.gocbw.com, Username:cbw, Password: (leave this blank).

One more thing did you buy the 8310 from cincinnati bell or it was unlocked.
    Last edited by Threefive; 06-06-08 at 12:47 PM.
    06-06-08 12:38 PM
    unfortunatelly there are no standard preinstalled programs to use the GPS on the 8310. there are free programs to download so you can use the GPS.

Google Maps for mobile
    Mobile

speedOmeter - Travel BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

GPSed: Track and Map Your Trips - beta - Travel BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Im not sure what you are looking for from the GPS, but I beleive there are a few more free programs out there for the GPS

James
    06-06-08 12:38 PM
    AT&T has disabled all GPS programs except for TeleNav which they want you to pay for. Follow this link to learn how to enable BBmaps.

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

or

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ax-memory.html
    06-06-08 12:49 PM
    hubb,
    Make sure you get back with me we will get you running one way or another. I was asking about the the 8310 because Cinicnnati Bell doesn't carry the 8310 as of yet they only carry the 8300 which in not gps capable. I had the same problem. Let me know where she got it (if from Cincinnati Bell) I need to upgrade the old 8300.
    06-06-08 01:00 PM
    thank you for the responses.

Threefive, it is indeed an 8300. can we still work with it? it was purchased from CBW
    06-06-08 01:28 PM
    You could buy a GPS puck and use it that way But the 8300 is NOT gps Capable sorry. If I can help with anything else feel free to get a hold of me. I spent a lot of time in here.
    06-06-08 01:41 PM
    bummer, thanks for helping though. you guys are great with your fast responses.

will an OS update in the future solve this or is it a device issue?

Hubb
    06-06-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD