Hi guys. Is there anyway to transfer the preloaded ring tones and media onto my media card to free up space on my phone?

Thanks!
    08-09-08 11:36 PM
    As far as I kno anything preloaded is retty much embedded to the phone. There may be a way to delete them but I dont think there is a transfer option
    08-10-08 12:33 AM
    No, there is no way to transfer them to the memory card. They are part of the OS.
    08-10-08 12:39 AM
    yup, they are pretty much embedded there which stinks b/c i would like to only get a 4gb card and w/ all the extra crap on there i dont want im going to just get the 8gb
    08-10-08 02:32 AM
    You can delete them, but you can't transfer them to the memory card. If you are looking to delete the preloaded stuff, follow the following guide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-10-08 02:34 AM
    You cannot transfer the preloaded images or ringers to external storage

You can probably find some of the same images elsewhere and load them onto your microSD (and delete the preloaded ones from your Berry using Stoner's Memory Guide in my signature). Messing with the ringtones is a totally different story though
    08-10-08 02:57 PM
    Whilst it is tempting to remove the pre-loaded tunes and whatever from your phone think for a minute upon why RIM chose to make these files non-removable by allowing you to simply delete them.

These fies are needed right where they are because the OS needs them there. The only reason that they are visible is because you need to be able to choose amongst them.

They are used by the default themes BBDimension and some of the carrier themes too.

Even if you were to move these images to the Media Card, there could still be issues. The default and carrier thems (and other themes too cuz they are also made by Plazmic - made by RIM) will use these files even if they are not your choices. Suppose that you have your preferred pictures and tunes stored on your Media Card - a reasonable thing to do - and then you plug your phone into the PC using Mass Media Mode. Suddenly the theme cannot access the pictures and stuff that is needs so it goes to the ONLY place it can - the undeleteable pre-installed media libraries. There are other times that this can happen too such as when media is playing and the phone needs a tune right now and cannot get at it right now.

Don't delete these files unless you are prepared to put up with a potentially unreliable phone.
    08-10-08 04:17 PM
    yup, they are pretty much embedded there which stinks b/c i would like to only get a 4gb card and w/ all the extra crap on there i dont want im going to just get the 8gb
    That you can't delete the preloaded ringtones should have no bearing on your choice of a 4 or 8 GB microSD card. The preloaded stuff can either be left alone (ringtones) or deleted (wallpaper, if you choose). The size of the card makes no difference.
    08-10-08 04:59 PM
    If you do decide to go with downloaded tones and delete the preloaded ringtones..........be sure to put them back on the phone if you ever sell it.

Nobody likes to get a cell phone with no ringtones whatsoever.
    08-10-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD