I just bought a Curve 8330 for Alltel off of Ebay. It was sold as "new" and I was trying to figure out if it has been used or not to make sure I didn't get ripped off. Is there a permanent call log or somewhere that I can look to see the total number of calls made/minutes used? I found out how to delete the call log so it shows 0 calls have been made...but that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    12-12-08 10:48 PM
    Do Alt EACE and look at the uptime.
    12-12-08 11:18 PM
    Alt EACE whats that?
    12-12-08 11:21 PM
    ..alt EACE means that on the home screen you hold the alt button and then key in the letters E A C E

I'm confused, the uptime resets when I take out the battery...it doesn't tell me if someone else used it?
    Last edited by alexad06; 12-13-08 at 12:23 AM.
    12-13-08 12:11 AM
    Yeah alt EACE just tells u how long the phone has been on since last reboot. This useless to the OP...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:38 AM
    Sorry, I was having sex, high, and streaming live music when I posted that.
    12-13-08 01:15 AM
    Sorry, I was having sex, high, and streaming live music when I posted that.
    What does the steaming live music have to do with that?
    12-13-08 01:20 AM
    any one use amazegps
    12-13-08 01:30 AM
    What does the steaming live music have to do with that?
    If you have to ask...
    12-13-08 01:32 AM
    any one use amazegps
    Check over in the GPS forum.
    12-13-08 01:45 AM
    Yeah alt EACE just tells u how long the phone has been on since last reboot. This useless to the OP...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    On the Curve you get the same result by typing Alt-LeftShift-H

Alt-EACE is the only way to do this on a Pearl.

This will only show how long the phone has been switched on since the last reboot. I have solde several BlackBerrys on ebay and I wpie the device (Options, Securtity Options, General Setting, press Menu, select Wipe Handheld), or I reload the OS. Even then I remove the battery before packing. This results in a zero reeading in the report.

I can think of no way to detrmine this unless you ask the registered carrier for the device to check the IMEI against usage and they may not be prepared to do this.
    12-13-08 01:50 AM
    Yeah, and alt+shift+H is easier. Lol
    12-13-08 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD