Its so frustrating... Whenever I have a voicemail it shows up as a text message - it used to do this for a missed call but someone posted how to fix that, but now I forget! Pls help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 04:56 PM
    You can't change that.
    05-21-08 05:55 PM
    Try this and see if it help's

Scroll to either your "SMS and MMS" folder or your email folder, then click on it. Then click on the menu button (left of the track ball) find "Options" then "General Options" scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" click on track ball and chose "Seperate".
    05-21-08 06:21 PM
    Ok, neither of those suggestions are true to this situation...

It is possible, and separating your inboxes has nothing to do with it.

When you get the voicemail notification and it gives you the pop up with the choice to "save" or just click "ok," never click save. All save does is give you a message copy of the notification in your text inbox, and it has no affect on your actual voicemail whatsoever. Just click ok, and you won't get a message anymore. I got three voicemails today, and I have not one notification of it in my text inbox by doing what I said.

To prevent a log of calls ending up in your text inbox, do the following:
    1. Get to the phone screen (press the green phone button)
    2. Press menu (button left of trackball)
    3. Click on Options
    4. Click on Call Logging
    5. Choose None
    6. Press the back key and be sure to click "Save" when prompted

Done.
    05-21-08 06:36 PM
    Agreed, With what Toons says. I misunderstood the original question
    05-21-08 06:39 PM
    Works for me...thanks CraZeToon
    05-21-08 06:43 PM
    thank you so much for the info....that was driving me nuts
    05-21-08 08:29 PM
    You're welcome.
    05-21-08 08:57 PM
    what is this about "save" or "ok"?

i don't get a message like that. i just get the icon at the top (the tape) and then the annoying not-sms message that tells me there is a voicemail.
    06-09-08 04:24 PM
    what is this about "save" or "ok"?

i don't get a message like that. i just get the icon at the top (the tape) and then the annoying not-sms message that tells me there is a voicemail.
    Are you being serious right now?

If you are saying that you get the "annoying not-sms message" which indicates that you have a voicemail, then yes, you do get a message like that.

And as far as "save" and "ok" go, read Crazetoon's instructions in their entirety.
    06-09-08 04:32 PM
    this one is getting me too...when i get a voicemail....ie: if i call my own cell from land line..the minute i leave a message..BAM i hear the notification for sms. when i wake up my phone i see a pop up that says missed call VIEW or CLOSE.

no matter what im getting the sms saying voicemail (but i can see it at top)

how can i stop the sms!?

turn of call logging???
    06-09-08 08:01 PM
    Jeffruby - did you read this thread? Crazetoon posted directions on how to change this option above.

06-09-08 11:36 PM
    Jena,

Yes I did read it....and I may be wrong...but his/her post does not work for me.

Like I said....after I get a voicemail I do NOT get popup saying save or close.....

Instead it asks VIEW or close.

No matter what...the txt occurs before I even look at that popup.

From lookin here in forums....seems that that for verizon this is just HOW it is
    06-10-08 07:35 AM
    Yea the instructions that craze posted are to get rid of sms txts for missed calls. I can't find anything in the options to get rid of the voicemail sms txts. It is annoying!

06-10-08 07:44 AM
    I am on O2 in the UK

I called my mailbox [901 here on O2 in uk] from my phone and listened to the voice prompts and chose my notification settings
    from there i was able to select the option just to have the icon appear in my screen [looks like a tape] to signify that a message was there

this also gave me the
    Network notifaction (voicemail) box
    where i could OK or Save a new voice mail message

I just chose OK.

thus no txts and just a little message box and the tap indicator on top.

For me here in the UK it is a carrier option.

I suggest that it is the same for you too over there.
    06-10-08 07:51 AM
    It doesn't work because that doesn't have anything to do with voicemail thats just missed calls and call logging nothing to do with voicemail.
    06-10-08 09:31 AM
    When you get the voicemail notification and it gives you the pop up with the choice to "save" or just click "ok," never click save. All save does is give you a message copy of the notification in your text inbox, and it has no affect on your actual voicemail whatsoever. Just click ok, and you won't get a message anymore. I got three voicemails today, and I have not one notification of it in my text inbox by doing what I said.
    How does this not have to do with voicemail????
    06-10-08 11:24 AM
    jenaywins,

please watch the tone of your messages on here. They can read as pretty offensive. I know you probably don't mean to come off this way, but it is coming off this way.

Thanks!
    06-13-08 10:57 PM
    I have the same problem. I get some stupid notification in an SMS format whenever I have a new voicemail. The above instruction only eliminates the missed call notification in the SMS window.

It comes across as: Voicemail New-1 | Urgent-0 | Fax-0.

I can't seem to get rid of this either and I have call logging disabled.
    06-13-08 11:25 PM
    jenaywins,

please watch the tone of your messages on here. They can read as pretty offensive. I know you probably don't mean to come off this way, but it is coming off this way.

Thanks!
    No, you're right, I am not meaning to come off as offensive. However, when the answer to an OP's question is layed out, instructions and all, and other posters want to argue and say that the help wasn't give when it clearly was, it gets a little frustrating. People need to take the time to thoroughly read through the answers given by the members here before they post a reply saying that the problem wasn't addressed or solved.
    06-14-08 03:52 PM
    No, you're right, I am not meaning to come off as offensive. However, when the answer to an OP's question is layed out, instructions and all, and other posters want to argue and say that the help wasn't give when it clearly was, it gets a little frustrating. People need to take the time to thoroughly read through the answers given by the members here before they post a reply saying that the problem wasn't addressed or solved.
    What's clear to you may not be clear to someone else, especially when following the steps doesn't resolve someone's issue. And like all phones, what may work on one model for one carrier may not work on another carrier, even if it's the same model. For example, I can use Google maps perfectly fine on my Sprint 8330, but I know that you wouldn't be able to use the program on your Verizon 8330. I don't have MMS on mine, and you do on yours.
    06-14-08 08:58 PM
    You are correct. However, that does not apply in this situation. The poster stated that toon's directions had nothing to do with voicemail at all and didn't address the topic whatsoever. This was obviously a case of a member not reading the entire post, which is, as I said, frustrating.

06-14-08 09:31 PM
    All I know is that crazytoon's directions don't work for me...I still get the notification in my SMS inbox even after following his directions.
    06-15-08 12:43 PM
    can't we all just get along LOL
    I would call your service provider. You are paying them a great deal of cash for service and this would definity fall under service. Also if you call them and they can not help call back and get a differnt operator.
    JUst my thoughts on the matter. I like to call and be a thorn in Verizons side when ever I can
    06-15-08 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD