Just got my blackberry and I'm wondering how to set a specific tone for a specific contact for an incoming text message. I have tried going to profiles-advanced-menu-new exception. Then named my exception the name of the person I'm trying to set this for. Went down to From and put in there name. Left use profile to active profile. Made sure the box was checked and then changed the ringtone to what l wanted and then clicked save. That didn't work for me. Anyone got any other ideas? THANKS!
    07-08-09 11:05 PM
    07-08-09 11:10 PM
    so how can l pick one tone for one person and a seperate tone for another person and so on.
    07-08-09 11:23 PM
    so how can l pick one tone for one person and a seperate tone for another person and so on.
    Profiles > Advanced

Highlight your normal profile and press the menu button. Select "new exception". Choose their name and the ringer you want associated with them. Make sure when done, their box is checked under the "use active profile exept for" area on the preceeding screen.
    07-08-09 11:43 PM
    You can do the above, or you can go into Address Book > Highlight Contact > Menu Button > Edit > Menu Button > Add Custom Ringtone
    07-09-09 12:23 AM
    You can do the above, or you can go into Address Book > Highlight Contact > Menu Button > Edit > Menu Button > Add Custom Ringtone
    Thanks for the post. I knew there was more than one way to do it but couldn't remember the other option even though I've used that method in the past.
    07-09-09 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the post. I knew there was more than one way to do it but couldn't remember the other option even though I've used that method in the past.
    You're welcome. I usually use the method you posted, but some people prefer to use the other way. I thought I'd give the OP the option.
    07-09-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD