So I have a 2gig micro sd i put in my blackberry curve. I've supposedly used all the memory or space on my phone at this time for its not letting me add any new applications. So how can I add the applications and new stuff to my SD card? Also, what if I am downloading the application from my phone, how can I save that to my SD card? I tried to download over the web and it just said insufficent space, and I could not figure out how to save it to a different space.

Thanks!
    08-07-08 04:21 PM
    The card you inserted is (in BlackBerry terminology) a media card. It's for storing photos, videos, ringtones, music. The device memory is where you'll store all your apps.

There is an app that lets you store other apps on the media card, but it's not gotten the best reviews - essentially, it stores apps on your media card, but when you try to launch them, it reloads onto your device memory, then runs it. Slows the whole process down.

Transfer any photos, videos, and other media to your card to free up space for apps you want to download. You may want to check out Stoner's guide to memory optimization if you're a big app downloader.
    08-07-08 04:28 PM
    You may want to check out Stoner's guide to memory optimization if you're a big app downloader.
    What Abe's talking about:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-07-08 04:34 PM
    Thanks to my wingman, 49ways for the clarification.
    08-07-08 04:36 PM
    Sounds like Abe has far more experience with this than I do, but I was wondering if you utilized the Desktop Manager (DM) to load pictures, ringtones, wallpapers and such to your SD card to free up memory on your phone. He is correct in that all the apps are stored on your phones memory. Here is a link to an application by Aerize that may be what you are looking for.

Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software

Hope this helps!
    08-07-08 04:42 PM
    Here is a link to an application by Aerize that may be what you are looking for.

Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software
    That's the app I was talking about. Yes, it *does* what you're trying to do, but if you do a forum search, it's not all it's cracked up to be - at least that's the take I got from all the reviews.
    08-07-08 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD