Hi, is there a way to save an excell file attachment within the device ? I'm still running on OS 4.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:20 AM
    You need to update to 4.5, then it will have an attachment service, then you can save attachments to your media card.
    01-03-09 10:27 AM
    Hi, is there a way to save an excell file attachment within the device ? I'm still running on OS 4.2.

Upgrade to 4.5, then u'll be able to save it.

01-03-09 10:33 AM
    Ok thanks. Will upgrade this week.

01-03-09 11:35 AM
    you won't regret it!
    01-03-09 11:39 AM
    You need to update to 4.5, then it will have an attachment service, then you can save attachments to your media card.
    I have 4.3 and I have an attachment service....I don't see where to save the attachment though? It just downloads it and i can open it up.

Where does it save it to anyways? My internal memory? if so, how do I clear that up?
    01-03-09 08:39 PM
    After you open it, you need to select "Save Attachment". Otherwise, it's just attached to the email and you would would need to delete the email to get rid of it.
    01-03-09 09:42 PM
    After you open it, you need to select "Save Attachment". Otherwise, it's just attached to the email and you would would need to delete the email to get rid of it.
    I don't seen an option to save attachment...just save the message

I am running 4.3. the original one that came with the sprint 8330

THanks for your help!
    01-03-09 10:32 PM
    When you are viewing the opened attachment, if you press the menu button, you should see an option to save the attachment. This is from memory as I haven't used 4.3 for a while.

What type of file is it?
    01-04-09 07:49 AM
    i've tried it with .ppt files and .xls files. I just don't see the option to save the attachment

I just ahve the option to view it
    01-04-09 08:43 AM
    Well, then upgrade your OS version would be my suggestion.
    01-04-09 09:52 AM
    I'm on sprint. I dont want to risk bricking my 3 month phone which is still under warranty

01-04-09 10:33 AM
    Well, bricking it is rare and absolutely not fatal on BlackBerry, but if you aren't comfortable then don't do it. Just wait. And you will just have to go back to those emails to view the attachments.
    01-04-09 11:53 AM
    Thanks. I think ill wait for the official sprint 4.5 release. But, what happens to the downloaded attachment when I am finished viewing them? Does it still stick around on my internal memory or does it clear itself? Thanks

01-04-09 12:25 PM
    Can I save a attachment from the Gmail application when I launch and open the apps.....
    01-04-09 12:47 PM
    Thanks. I think ill wait for the official sprint 4.5 release. But, what happens to the downloaded attachment when I am finished viewing them? Does it still stick around on my internal memory or does it clear itself?
    Yes, it sticks around in your internal memory until you delete that email message.
    01-04-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks!

01-04-09 12:53 PM
    Motorcycle mama,

I went back and checked some attachments from emails I know I have previosly opened to view. If you have viewed it recemtly, then they r still there to view w/o having to download them again.

However, if u go back more than a week or so, you will have to download the file again via BlackBerry attachment service. So this must mean that the attachments don't stick on your internal memory forever until you delete the email on 8330/4.3.0.127

01-04-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD