I received a replacement Curve 8330 from work. The old one I can keep and use as a phone with another wireless provider. The old 8330 had the camera and camcorder feature deactivated by the IT admin when I did a provision. When you push the camera icon a message reads "Camera feature deactivated by your administrator. How can I reset this phone to its original out of the box condition eliminating what the company IT group did?
    03-02-09 12:29 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I found information on resetting to factory settings:

"If you have any 8xxx device the best method for removing IT policy is to update it to OS 4.3 or higher (if possible) and you can use JL_Cmder's "resettofactory" command to remove ALL IT policy, Firewall restrictions and Application Permission settings. After you've upgraded to OS 4.3 or higher, simply backup the device using Desktop Manager, close Desktop Manager, then run JL_Cmder and execute the "resettofactory" command. The device will do a security wipe of the device; (meaning wipe your data but leave the OS, DO NOT use the "Wipe" command in JL_Cmder) then reboot leaving the OS, 3rd party apps but no data AND, best of all, NO IT policy whatsoever. When you're done, simply restore your backup and you're good to go with no policy or locked firewall.

SOURCE

I hope that helps, you can find more info on JL_Cmder HERE

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 12:41 PM
    I received a replacement Curve 8330 from work. The old one I can keep and use as a phone with another wireless provider. The old 8330 had the camera and camcorder feature deactivated by the IT admin when I did a provision. When you push the camera icon a message reads "Camera feature deactivated by your administrator. How can I reset this phone to its original out of the box condition eliminating what the company IT group did?

Check out this thread for CrackUtil- read it carefully. It may do what you need it to do- removing the IT policy.
    03-02-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD