If I just press the red "hang up' button to close an app, does it really close the application, or is it still running in the background? Or, do I need to scroll through the menu and press close?

thanks,

RD
    11-08-08 08:35 AM
    Menu > close. End will cause the app to minimize most of the time and not exit what its doing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 08:37 AM
    Menu > close. End will cause the app to minimize most of the time and not exit what its doing

Wow!! thanks for the speedy reply!! thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure.

David

11-08-08 08:41 AM
    Lol not a problem. Being a park ranger can get boring sometimes so I hop on here a lot when its dead

11-08-08 08:47 AM
    Not closing an application out properly causes numerous problems for people...
    11-08-08 08:54 AM
    Heres a tip to see what apps you having running..
    Keep in mind there will be five that always are, phone, msgs, BBM, Phone and Broswer, I also have a few third party apps always running for the phones functionality - BBalerts, Vibanadring, Peekawho, Berryacode

hold the ALT and ESCAPE key, I then usually let go on the esc key but keep my finger on teh alt so I can scroll thru..

Just make sure (short answer here lol)
    that if you use your broswer, you menu/close it, same as viigo, etc.. but dont worry about the apps that change your phone functions as I mentioned above..

DId I confuse you yet?
    LOL
    11-08-08 09:12 AM
    Cool. I have PTT in my background, even though I don't have the capability or am using it. Is this a problem?
    11-08-08 09:56 AM
    PTT is an AT&T specific program and it runs all the time too. It does this because it is assigned to a hotkey.
    11-08-08 10:26 AM
    You can remove the PTT application from you device completely using Pete6's CrackMem assuming you do not subscribe nor want the application.

11-08-08 10:56 AM
    I didn't understand when I first got my Curve about properly closing out the applications. My battery was running out of juice much quicker. When I finally caught on about closing it, the battery life returned to it's full capibility.
    11-08-08 11:15 AM
    They should make a 3rd party app that closes apps that are "unchecked" and leave the "checked ones on" haha.

And obviously the app closes itself after haha.

11-08-08 11:29 AM
    You can remove the PTT application from you device completely using Pete6's CrackMem assuming you do not subscribe nor want the application.

I did not suggest this since CrackMem requires that the current OS be installed on the PC prior to doing this.

However there is a new program called CrackUtil (you can guess where it came from) that has a File Manager built in. Great care must be taken when using this tool as you can seriously brick your phone very quickly if you make a mistaik.

To remove PTT, you need to remove 2 files.
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    KnJCDE.cod

The files need to be removed in the order shown and the phone will re-boot after each file is removed. CrackUtil will do this for you if you select each file in turn and select the "Remove File from Device" button.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-08-08 at 11:49 AM.
    11-08-08 11:41 AM
    Crackutil is very user friendly too, I might add, really simple to use, but like Pete mentioned, be careful, dont get trigger happy, get in there, use to remove what you are needing, and get out, dont be *tryin* things out LOL
    11-08-08 11:45 AM
    Removing AT&T's PTT opened alot of space up for me. But I also deleted help, BBM, and the sample video
    11-08-08 11:51 AM
    Crackutil is very user friendly too, I might add, really simple to use, but like Pete mentioned, be careful, dont get trigger happy, get in there, use to remove what you are needing, and get out, dont be *tryin* things out LOL
    Oh well said Rachael.

The tool is a sharp kitchen knife. Wielded well it is most useful but in the wrong hands.... It is very easy to have a "Sh!t, oh dear." moment.
    11-08-08 11:53 AM
    LOL Ive used crackmem a few times, my phone after upgrading, three times now LOL and my fiances, its a good tool, but this one, its great, and it solved my issue this morning with a file I couldnt remove, crackmem wouldnt have been able to do that, its specific to what to remove..

They are both great programs, well designed, user friendly, plain so I can understand them LOL...
    Again, dont go in to either of em *playin around* If you want to remove something sure, but I certainly wouldnt remove something *to see what happens*
    11-08-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD