I have a problem putting music on my bb curve. i have widows xp, but I don't know how to put any music on there. is there something thast i need to do that? i do have the blackberry desktop manager, but i don't know how to put music on there using that.
    04-13-08 03:07 PM
    Well, you can do it 2 different ways. One is to use Roxio that comes with the Desktop Manager. Some people have problems with Roxio freezing so another option is to enable mass storage using a media card and then drag and drop the music on it when it is connected to your PC. With the mass storage enabled it acts like a separate drive on your PC.
    04-13-08 03:20 PM
    By far the easiest way to do this is to copy the music directly onto the media card via XP. There are two ways to do this.

One way is to plug the media card into an adapter on your PC. However to do this you must pull the battery out of your BB and remove the card, etc. This is messy.

The other is to enable Mass Storage mode on the phone. Here's how:
    With the phone unplugged from the PC, go to Options, Advanced Options, Media Card and set

Media Card Support On

Encryption Mode None

Mass Storage Mode Support On

Auto Enable Mass Storage
    Mode When Connected Prompt

Now when you plug the phone into the PC's USB, the PHONE will prompt for you to enble MAss Storage Mode. Once this is done, the Media Card will look like a disk device (like a USB stick) on the PC. Now you can copy files to and from the Media Card.

Note that whilst plugged into the PC you cannot use the phone to view the Medai Card. Only when it is unplugged.
    04-13-08 03:23 PM
    I did not even bother suggesting that you use Roxio.
    04-13-08 03:27 PM
    you need desktop manager software installed.
    04-13-08 03:30 PM
    True and you can find that here. You should download version 4.3 and you have a choice between with or without media support. If you intend using Roxio, then get the one with media support.
    04-13-08 03:34 PM
    for real you dont say
    04-13-08 03:42 PM
    for real you dont say
    Yup, it's the guy's first post. He may not know which version to download.
    04-13-08 03:46 PM
    I sometimes get the problem whereby the directory of artists in the media player only shows some of them.

A battery pull then allows the rest to show up.

Should i copy the music and data off the card before formatting it and copy them back onto the card ?

thanks in advance
    04-15-08 10:43 AM
    I sometimes get the problem whereby the directory of artists in the media player only shows some of them.

A battery pull then allows the rest to show up.

Should i copy the music and data off the card before formatting it and copy them back onto the card ?

thanks in advance
    That is normal for not all the songs to show up in media player. The playlist is just not refreshing. You are doing right by the battery pull. I always do that when I update my music.
    04-15-08 10:51 AM
    yeah battery pull shows them up

so as long as i can expect that when i add then I'm not bothered

it was if this was going to behave like this at odd times then i'd want to fix it.
    04-15-08 05:42 PM
    yeah battery pull shows them up

so as long as i can expect that when i add then I'm not bothered

it was if this was going to behave like this at odd times then i'd want to fix it.

This should not happen at odds times. Only when you are adding or deleting it may happen on occasion.
    04-15-08 05:51 PM
    Is it the same for dragging and dropping music that you purchased from iTunes? If different please explain my options.

Thanks in advance!
    04-15-08 08:10 PM
    iTunes do not play on BB. Only non-encrypted music files. Hate that!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD