Is there any way to set up the Curve to not save sent texts and what not. It takes up memory and I'd rather it not save sent items.
    08-16-08 12:03 PM
    You can hide them, Messages / Menu / Options / General Options / Hide Sent Message: Yes, but that doesn't stop them from being saved. I just delete them manually. I don't know any way to suppress creating the Sent Message message. But it's an interesting question. Maybe somebody else knows a way.
    08-16-08 02:57 PM
    As Jeff said, you can hide your sent messages. However, there is no way to prevent the phone from saving them altogether.
    08-16-08 02:58 PM
    To conserve memory, reduce the time frame you're keeping emails for (messages / options / keep messages for...).

Also clear logs, do ALT+LGLG / menu / clear logs...
    08-16-08 03:02 PM
    Probably the easiest thing to do is delete the sent message manually as soon as you send it. Alternatively set a short time for keeping messages and manually save any messages you wish to keep beyond that time frame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 01:41 AM
    agreed. i could have swore i saw something about saving messages or not. maybe it was saving to the sim card. it would be nice if you could have that option. i hated having my inbox look so discombobulated...technical term for all you newbs.
    so i set it to hide sent items, otherwise whats the point of threaded messaging. but then i have to remember to go back and delete them as well

point to all this is don't forget to delete your sent items manually if you aren't gonna wait for the 15 day time out
    08-17-08 07:07 AM
    agreed. i could have swore i saw something about saving messages or not. maybe it was saving to the sim card. it would be nice if you could have that option. i hated having my inbox look so discombobulated...technical term for all you newbs.
    so i set it to hide sent items, otherwise whats the point of threaded messaging. but then i have to remember to go back and delete them as well

point to all this is don't forget to delete your sent items manually if you aren't gonna wait for the 15 day time out

It was saving to the sim card. There isn't a way, but maybe someone would be able to make a 3rd party application that would allow your messages to automatically delete once sent?
    08-17-08 07:09 AM
    that would be pretty dank
    hopefully a developer just so happens to mosey on by
    08-17-08 07:15 AM
    Probably the easiest thing to do is delete the sent message manually as soon as you send it. Alternatively set a short time for keeping messages and manually save any messages you wish to keep beyond that time frame.

I disagree that this is the 'easiest thing to do...". This creates twice the work in sending a message. There should be a simple setting to not save sent items. Every Windows Mobile I have had had this feature. Especially since you can't adjust the internal memory allocations on a BlackBerry or store messages on the memory card.
    11-26-08 08:08 AM
    Is this only on the Curve because on my old blackberry, this didn't happen. It's really annoying because I have it set with a ring tone when I receive an email and as soon as I send an email, it rings. I know I changed something on my old blackberry so this didn't happen but I don't remember what.
    11-26-08 08:23 AM
    It's not only on the Curve. Look in the How To & Faq forum for a procedure to suppress getting a copy of sent messages sent back to you. I don't remember the exact name of the procedure.

11-26-08 10:02 AM
    i was looking for this too.. hint hint for the new OS????
    11-26-08 04:17 PM
    I figured out a much easier way.....I created a filter w/my email address saying to not send any from it to the handheld. Now I do not receive sent emails but still can see my sent texts
    03-25-09 12:11 PM
    I figured out a much easier way.....I created a filter w/my email address saying to not send any from it to the handheld. Now I do not receive sent emails but still can see my sent texts
    You are using gmail right? if so then you did correctly so you wouldnt get a sent copy emailed to your device, but, someone correct me if Im wrong.. if you go to your messages icon.. then alt O for the outgoing folder, your sent emails from the device will still be there.. along with all your outgooing SMS and calls, you can Delete Prior from the top. I do this once a day.
    03-25-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD